Chapter 105 Obstacles

Not long after, Qiao Mu came to report that Cui Xining came to visit the courtyard.

Cui Muli met her in the hall. Cui Xining exchanged a few pleasantries and told him in detail of Sun Shenyuan's plan to give up the imperial examination and to become an official through recommendation, as well as Xie Miao's ideas for the two of them.

Cui Xining asked: "Second Brother, Chief Minister Luo is your superior officer in the Ministry of Justice. Based on your understanding of him, do you think A-Miao's method is feasible?"

Cui Muli nodded, "A Miao is intelligent. This method is extremely clever."

Cui Xining finally felt relieved, "Then I'll go tell Shen Lang tomorrow."

"Xining." Cui Muli asked, "Are you sure you want to marry Sun Shenyuan?"

Cui Xining was slightly startled. Since her second brother knew about her relationship with Shen Lang, he had not inquired about anything other than helping. She knew that on the one hand, it is out of respect from the second brother, but on the other hand, it was because of his character that he did not want to interfere too much. After all, they are cousins ​​in the next branch and did not have close contact with each other.

But when he asked, she still bravely confided, "Second Brother, except for Shen Lang, I will not marry anyone in this life."

Cui Muli was silent. He had said something similar yesterday, but...

"Second Brother?"

"En." Cui Muli came back to his senses and said, "In that case, you might as well ask him to add a few more words."

Cui Xining listened attentively. When he finished speaking, her eyes showed surprise, "Second Brother, you are so thoughtful!"

Cui Muli said: "It is A-Miao's method. I am just the icing on the cake."

Cui Xining covered her lips and smiled, "You and A-Miao really advocate for each other and have great tacit understanding."

......Really?

Cui Muli looked listless.

Cui Xining noticed it and said with concern: "Second Brother, your old injury has not healed yet. You must pay attention to rest and don't overwork yourself."

Although Cui Xining lives in the inner house, she also knows that Cui Muli is deeply valued by the Emperor. The honour he receives is real, and the pressure he bears is also real.

Cui Muli thanked her for her concern, and returned to his study. He fell into deep thought again.

After Wang Yongqi was arrested, Zhang Xianzong seemed indifferent, but secretly made another drastic move.

A few days ago, the Fourth Prince confessed to Emperor Chengxuan, saying that he had been secretly investigating for several years and finally discovered a huge illegal salt trafficking case, which involved the salt transportation departments of Lianghuai, Changlu, Guangdong, Guangxi, and other places. Countless officials were involved and the impact was extremely bad.

Salt is the first of the five flavours and is necessary for people's livelihood. Since ancient times, it has been controlled by the government. Cooking and selling salt privately is a serious crime, but because the profits are extremely high, many people still take risks and disrupt the salt market for money.

Since the founding of the Da Qi Dynasty, three illegal salt trafficking cases have been uncovered, but compared with the huge amount submitted by the Fourth Prince this time, they are only a piece of cake.