Chapter 107 Drunk

The evening banquet was packed with guests, a lively scene of many people gathering to drink.

Cui Shishuo took little Musheng for a walk in the men's section, and then Madam Xie took him back and sat next to Madam Cui. After a while, Musheng was hungry and sleepy, so the wet nurse and Rui Zhu coaxed him back to Jiangjia Yuan.

Madam Xie was being toasted one after another. It was a happy day, so she drank them all with a smile.

Xie Miao saw her face glowing red, feeling proud of herself, and her heart became more stable.

With her uncle and Musheng here, her aunt will live a good life in the Cui Mansion. Of course, the premise is that Cui Xijun will not make any more mistakes in this life.

Thinking of Cui Xijun's ending in her previous life, Xie Miao couldn't help but have a headache.

She lost her mother when she was young and was raised by Madam Cui herself. Her father and brother loved her so much that she developed an arrogant temper. Usually it was okay to get into a little trouble, but she was tied to Zhang Mingchang in the latter half of her life.

Zhang Mingchang is the legitimate son of Zhang Xianzong, the Left Prime Minister. His mother came from the Wang family in Taiyuan. It is said that she doted on Zhang Mingchang extremely and raised him to be uneducated, arrogant, and extravagant. He likes women and loiters around entertainment venues all day long. It is well known throughout the capital.

It stands to reason that there are many such young people in the capital who have lost their ambition by playing with things. Although he caused trouble, he did not commit murder or arson. But one day he met Cui Xijun, and it's not known which tendon was wrong but he wanted to marry her.

(t/n: don't know which tendon is wrong means don't know what he was thinking. It's a sarcastic way to say he did something absurd or stupid. In this particular expression, tendon has a loose meaning to cranial nerve.)

He knew that the noble Cui family would not agree to this marriage, and Cui Muli even taught Zhang Mingchang a lesson several times in secret. However, he is persistent in his evil intentions and surrounded Cui Xijun while Cui Muli was out of the capital. Although he did not dare to touch her, he took advantage of her with his words.

Who is Cui Xijun? She grew up with a lot of love and affection. Her father and brother are both upright people. Being pestered and molested by a low-class gangster like Zhang Mingchang made her sick to the extreme!

She lost her mind, ignored her brother's warning, and gave Zhang Mingchang a severe lesson - she thought simply, he was the one who offended first, so what if she fought back? What happened afterwards was nothing more than being punished by her father and brother, and then having to be confined in the ancestral hall for two months, which she could bear.

What she never expected was that instead of waiting for Zhang Mingchang's complaint, she waited for the news of his death.

Zhang Mingchang died. The cause of death was a broken sternum and severe internal injuries.

Zhang Mingchang's mother, Madam Wang, led people to carry the coffin and blocked the Cui Mansion. She insisted that Cui Xijun killed her son and wanted Cui Xijun to exchange her life for another. The blood debt must be paid with blood!

Zhang Xianzong was weeping in front of the Emperor, saying that he only had a legitimate son under his knees, Zhang Mingchang. Now the white-haired man is sending off the black-haired man, and he begged Emperor Chengxuan to severely punish the murderers and seek justice for his son!