Chapter 19 Hangover soup

Cui Muli returned to Cui Mansion smelling of alcohol. He did not go back directly to Minglan Yuan, but went to the pavilion in Shangqing Lake to sober up in the wind and take a short rest.

This matter soon fell into the eyes of interested parties.

At the same time, Xie Miao was still in Madam Xie's room, asking her aunt to lend her some money.

She rubbed Madam Xie's shoulders, her tone was flattering, and she said in a persuasive manner: "Aunt, don't look at the Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop that is not well-known. It will surely flourish in the future and become a success in one fell swoop. It will become known to everyone in Da Qi. An existence that everyone knows about."

Madam Xie half-closed her eyes comfortably, not paying much attention, "Oh? Really?"

"Of course." Xie Miao said: "Fang Zhiruo is extremely powerful, she will definitely be able to carry forward the Shuxiang Papermaking Factory. We only need to invest a small amount of money, and we can wait for money to fall from the sky in the future. Isn't it a very cost-effective deal?"

Madam Xie tilted her head and glanced at her, "I heard what you want, but have you discussed it with her?"

How could this happen? She hasn't seen anyone yet.

Of course Xie Miao would not admit it and nodded seriously, "We are in close agreement."

Madam Xie asked: "How did you meet her?"

Xie Miao quickly lied: "We had contact when we were at Qingxin Temple, and we hit it off right away."

Madam Xie had no doubts and yawned relaxedly.

Xie Miao was surprised to realize that it was getting late and said: "Aunt, it's very late. You and little brother should rest early. I'll be with you tomorrow."

Tomorrow?

Madam Xie glanced at the empty door. She put her arm on her niece's arm and stood up, lazily saying: "It's still early, play chess with me."

Yanzi placed the chessboard down and the two were playing chess when Rui Zhu, another maid of Madam Xie's, came in and whispered a few words in her ear.

Madam Xie leaned back and suddenly asked: "A-Miao, are you determined to do business?"

Xie Miao was still putting her next move into place and raised her eyes seriously, "Yes."

"Okay, I can lend you money." After a few days of whetting her appetite, Madam Xie finally relented, "But I have three conditions."

Xie Miao sat upright and said with a smile: "Aunt, please tell me."

Madam Xie leaned on the soft cushion and placed one hand naturally on her abdomen, "First of all, you can do business, but only as a partner of the business. Not like those people who are busy doing chores in the paper mill every day, running around. After all, you are a cousin of the Cui family, so you have to pay attention to your identity, what do you think?"

The request was not too much, so Xie Miao agreed.

Madam Xie added: "Secondly, don't talk nonsense about not marrying Muli from now on. I've found someone to calculate it. You two are very compatible. You both should be a match made in heaven."

...Xie Miao couldn't help but want to ask, aunt, where did you find this liar? The calculations are so outrageous and inaccurate?

She moved her lips, swallowing what was in her heart, and said, "Okay." She added, "But you can't force my cousin to marry me. Aunt, he is not your biological child. You don't need to make him feel resentful towards me."