Chapter 52 She is the god herself

By some mistake, Xie Miao's mysterious identity was accidentally discovered by Cui Muli, but she herself knew nothing about it.

She was busy planning how to get Sun Shenyuan to be appreciated by Old Master Cui.

Next month will be Old Master Cui's sixty-fifth birthday. As usual, he will go to Jixia Academy to listen to the debates of students from all walks of life, and give advice to those with outstanding talents.

The Jixia Academy belongs to Jixian Garden and is held every May. Only officials of the fourth rank or above must be recommended to participate in the debate. According to Sun Shenyuan's previous status, he could not even reach the threshold, but now he has Chief Minister Luo to protect him, so it is easy to participate in the meeting.

If he can make a splash at the debate and get the appreciation of Old Master Cui, will his and Cui Xining's bright future be far away?

Hmm... She has to think carefully, what was the topic of the debate at Jixia Academy in the sixth year of Qingyuan?

Fortunately, in her previous life, in order to keep up with Cui Lang, the number one scholar, she would always pay special attention to such topics. In particular, the topic of this year's debate was somewhat related to Old Master Cui——

Da Qi respected the teachings of Confucius and Mencius and promoted and practiced virtues such as benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom, and trustworthiness. Students pursue great Confucianism, following Xunzi's saying: Those who aspire to practice peace, practice peace and be inclusive. If you do this, you can be called a great Confucian. The great Confucians are the Emperor and the three princes.

There are also voices of disapproval: Great Confucians, who are expected to give back, take advantage of the strong policy to gain fat, and walk on silk and ink. However, the people's lives are miserable and they have no food and clothing. The princes have been in high positions for a long time. How have they ever seen suffering in the world? Seeing the suffering in the world, how can they still enjoy warm food and beautiful clothes?

To break it down, it means: the world respects great Confucians, who often hold high positions and have great authority in their words. However, the great Confucian scholars are well-liked and sought after by others, but have they ever seen the suffering of the people at the bottom who do not have enough to eat or keep warm? After seeing the suffering of the people, how can they enjoy delicious meals and exquisite clothes with peace of mind?

Debates among students are generally like this. They pursue the pleasure of speaking loudly and arguing with other scholars in a specious way. They do not seek results, but only seek to get through the quarrel.

*

The weather was fine, so Xie Miao ordered the maids to move and dry the scriptures.

After more than half a year of adjustment, Guiyuan and Lizhi have integrated into the life at Haihua Yuan. They set the small goal of pleasing the young lady in stages and the ultimate goal of becoming the maid beside the young lady.

While drying the scriptures, the two little maids chirped and praised one sentence after another: "Miss, your handwriting is so beautiful, natural and flowing, elegant and neat, which makes people happy just looking at it!"

"Miss, your scriptures are so pleasant to read. I feel refreshed after listening to them, and all my worries are gone!"

"Miss, miss..."

What mindless boasts.

Lan Xia spread the scriptures on the long table beside her and secretly pouted: Haha, little girls who are so adaptable to the wind. If they knew that the Young Lady planned to become a monk, they might scold in their hearts. Unlike them, the Young Lady has already made plans for her and Fu Lu, so they won't have to worry for the rest of their lives.