Chapter 44: Byakugan Vs Shadow Clone Jutsu!

Nikki's POV

"Lady Mikage, please stand next to me for a moment." A Jōnin with a toothpick said to me.

I nodded and did what was told, standing in front of Naruto and did others.

"I have something to tell you before the matches." The Jōnin said, taking out a piece of prepare and held it out to them. "Look at this."

I took a peek and notice the Dosu was not there. What happen to the Sound ninja? I wondered.

"There was a slight change to the tournament. Check who you'll be facing one more time." He told them.

"Say...say." Naruto held up his hand.

"What?"

"What is it, Naruto?" I said curiously.

"Umm... Sasuke still hasn't come. What's happen?" He asked causing me to wonder that as well.

Sasuke... I though worriedly.

"In case a competitor does not arrive by starting time of his match...he or she will lose by default!" The Jōnin said.

I watch as Naruto turn toward the entrance, checking to see if Sasuke was there.

"Listen up, you guys." I snapped out of my worried. "The terrain is different, but the rule is that there are no rules, the same as in the preliminaries." The Jōnin said.

"The matches will continue until one or the other dies, or acknowledges defeat. However, if I judge that it has been settled, I'll stop the match there. Arguments will not be allowed. Understood?" The Jōnin explain and waited a moment to see if their would argue but no one did.

"So the first match is... Naruto Uzumaki. Neji Hyuga. Just those two remain and the rest of you go to the waiting room." He told them before turn to me. "Lady Mikage, you are welcome to join them or go to the bleacher." He told me.

"Okay, thank you." I said, bowing to him before following Shikamaru.

Third Person's Pov

"Good luck, Naruto." Nikki whispered as she passed by him.

Naruto reassuring her with a nod.

Naruto and Neji walk to stand in front of each other.

"You seem like you want to say something." Neji said with a smug.

Naruto didn't say anything and simply held out his fist to him as he was trample with rage.

"I said it before, too, didn't I?" He said as he remember his promise.

"I'll win, no matter what!" He proclaimed.

Neji close his eyes and open them again with the Byakugan on, staring at Naruto. He has the looks...of being sure of himself... It's as if he's not all worked up... He though as he took a fighting stand.