Chapter 8

Apocalypse- Cigarettes After Sex

Hyunjin

"Look at them, sleeping like a married couple." I hear my friend's voice, which forces me to open my eyes and wake up from the hazy dream. I'm met with Jisung, Annie and Minho's eyes, who are standing next to bed and looking down at me and Felix's with sparkly eyes.

"Oh, god." I sigh and sit up on bed, looking on my side, I see Felix who is peacefully sleeping, with his puffy cheeks looking adorable. I smile to myself, he looks like a big softie.

"You are whipped." Jisung laughs like this is the most amusing sight he has seen in a long time, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he would say. I stand up from the bad, push the viewers away and start to put my pants on. "have some manners, Annie is here."

"I have some manners? how about your sense of privacy?" I mumble, while zipping up the pants. After getting dressed I push them from my way, grab my coat and leave the apartment.

As I got in my car, I light my cigarette and leaned against the seat. My mind was filled with thoughts of last night. How interested Felix looked in my book and how he was getting more and more sleepy as I was playing with his hair gently. Then when I thought he fell asleep and stopped reading, he grabbed my hand placed it on his hair again and told me to keep reading.

He even cried at the ending, fell asleep sobbing in my arms.

I can't help but think, if history is repeating itself. Since what I felt for her in the beginning is exactly what I feel for Felix now. This familiar urge to know everything about him, try to understand what he's going through and fix it. It's been a long time since I went back to that Spring, but right now it feels like everything happened yesterday.

I throw finished cigarette out of the window and take a deep sigh. I get to my apartment, which looked and felt empty.
As always door to balcony was open, I don't even bother to close it, or take my coat off and get whiskey or cigarettes, I just open my laptop and start writing. Explaining in depth how blue haired boy looked while crying, his eyes sparkling, quietly sobbing in my arms as I finished reading.

Then he slowly sat up on bed, crawling his way on top of me, wrapping his legs on my torso and looking at me deep in my eyes.

"I can't believe I fucked writer of this book." He said, making me chuckle.

"You can't be serious in moments like this?" I asked, gently caressing his freckles. As soon as I touched his cheeks, he slowly rested his head on my palm, smiled as his tears sparkled.

"You want me to be serious?"

"Yes, I want to know what you truly think of it."

"Well, I think..." he brushed his lips on my hand, without breaking eye contact. "It made me feel sad, like I experienced piece of your heartbreak. But at the same time, it awakened a warm feeling. It's like, even when things are getting worse and worse, there always might be a reason, hidden from our sight, to keep on living." He explained, then slowly leaned towards my face, smiling like an idiot.