Chapter 15

Blue Hair - TV Girl

No One's Pov

It happened again.

Felix's reflection in the mirror seems like a distorted version of himself. His eyes, once filled with sparkles, now reflects deep emptiness. The vivid blue hair that he always loved on himself now feels like a burden, a constant reminder of that time, when he dyed it.

He sits on the bathroom floor, arms wrapped around his legs that he holds against his chest tightly. Lately, when something went wrong, he would seek comfort in Hyunjin's apartment, cuddling up in his sheets. But this time was different.

Even though the writer was in his bed right now, he still didn't feel the sense of comfort or any positive thing.

Maybe it never made it better. Just maybe, the familiar scent of his apartment, the warmth of his touch and words, never made it better and Felix was just postponing what was inevitable. Keeping blind eye to the symptoms he recognized too damn well.

Thinking if he explained everything, would Hyunjin understand, when he himself never fully grasped the reason behind it. Everything was going smoothly, he had nothing to worry about, yet he felt like this.

He goes out in his room, seeing Hyunjin on his bed now feels so empty. The writer is laying down naked with half smoked cigarette, staring out into the darkness that seeks from the open window. It's a bit chilly, since it's Spring.

"Now what?" Hyunjin asks.

"I don't know."

"Is everything alright?"

Felix sits on the floor, leaning on the bed and looking at Hyunjin, but when he notices he's staring at him, he avoids eye contact.

"Yeah."

"Wanna smoke?"

"No."

"Maybe..." Hyunjin starts as he scoots over close to him, wrapping his hands around Felix's neck from behind and burying his head next to it. "I can take you out on a date."

"On a date?" He feels soft kiss on the neck.

"Yes, fancy restaurant, you and me." As Hyunjin says Felix frowns. "You want to?"

Felix never liked fancy restaurants. His parents used to force him to go when he was younger for weekly dinners and he hated every second of it. Every moment where his dad would snap his fingers for waiters or complain about food, when there was nothing wrong with it. And how his father's belt felt on his bare back, whenever Felix would start an argument about the incidents in restaurants.

"I don't."

And just like that, Hyunjin's plans were shattered. He felt so stupid about making the reservation before asking, but he was too sure that his feelings weren't one sided. Now plan of confessing after the nice dinner, and walk to the park was making him feel like the dumbest person ever.