Chapter 10

A Little While - Yellow Days

Minho

The university building was quiet as Minho sat alone in a dimly lit room, surrounded by stacks of exam papers. The sun was going down, and everything was getting painted black, objects in room created different shapes of shadows, while only source of light was the lamp on his desk. Outside the window, streetlights flickered, making Minho feel familiar wave of loneliness.

The silence is broken only by shuffling of papers and the distant sound of footsteps echoing in the hallway. Minho sighed, everything looked so sad for him. Grading exams late into the evening, with only the soft glow of the lamp to keep him company, he couldn't help but reminisce times, when he was happy and how it got ruined by his childhood friend.

As he flipped through the pages, lost in his thoughts, the creaking of the door caught his attention. He looked up, expecting another faculty member, but instead, his gaze met the familiar face of Jeongin – his ex.

Their eyes locked for a moment, and Minho's heart skipped a beat. The hallway felt like a corridor of memories, and the sudden appearance of Jeongin brought a mix of emotions to the surface.

"Minho," Jeongin greeted, breaking the silence. Jeongin hesitated before taking a step closer. "I was just passing by. How are you doing?"

"Grading. It never ends. " Minho gestured towards the piles of papers, trying to keep himself calm, since different emotions were roaming in his whole body. Loneliness, nostalgia, anger...

"I remember those days. Long nights, endless papers." Jeongin nodded, glancing at the exam papers.

"Yeah, you used to keep me company sometimes." A faint smile played on Minho's lips.

He was so happy back then. Or maybe, he just only remembers sweet moments, and not late night arguments, yelling at each other nonstop, doing things to get back at each other, before it went too far.. that fucked up night, when all the hell broke loose, was something Minho thought about a lot.

"I should let you get back to work. Take care, Minho." Jeongin broke the silence.

As Jeongin walked away, Minho couldn't take his eyes off of now empty doorway, thinking how much he would love to go back. Seeing him again awakened a storm of emotions within him. Memories of betrayal and heartbreak now was back on the surface.

Annie, the person he trusted, had been the reason for the downfall of his relationship with Jeongin. And weird thing is that, even though it takes two person to cheat, Minho wasn't angry with Jeongin. Their relationship was toxic, he knew one day their little revenges would go too far, and when it did, he never imagined his childhood friend would be in the middle of it.