Chapter 23

"Is it okay if I attend with jeans?" Felix asks after few minutes of thinking to himself

"No, you have to wear something fancy." Hyunjin replies, his fingers deftly working to tie his own tie as he glances over at Felix in the mirror. Despite the demand in his tone, there is a softness in his eyes.

"Jeans can be fancy."

"Felix, no. " Hyunjin softly says. The boy rolls his eyes in annoyance. The thing is, he didn't take any clothes from his place, stayed over at Hyunjin's apartment since that fight with his dad and now was struggling to find part time job, which wouldn't interfere with his lectures.

He had plenty of money on his credit card, but his dad was quick to block the access, as if Felix would want to use it anyway.

"This is a pain in the ass." Felix mutters under his breath, running a hand through his blonde hair.

Hyunjin suddenly stops his attempt to tie a tie. Realization itching across his features, as he shoots quick stare at Felix.

"You don't have suit?" Hyunjin asks, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"No..." Felix admitted, feeling a pang of embarrassment.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? We could go buy one."

"I don't have money for that." Felix confesses, his frustration mounting.

"Well, I do."

"I'm not letting you buy me suit."  Felix insists, his voice firm despite the turmoil swirling inside him.

"Why not?!" Hyunjin's frustration bubbles to the surface as he finally turns to face Felix. It's only a few hours before the event, and the revelation that Felix doesn't have a suit catches him off guard. But as he meets Felix's gaze, his anger melts away, replaced by a softer expression. "I mean, isn't it my fault in the first place?"

"How is it your fault? Wasn't it Minho's idea?" Felix asks confused, he leans forward on the couch, where he has been sitting for past half hour, just watching the writer get ready.

"No, it was my idea." Hyunjin admits, taking a step closer to Felix. Kneeling in front of him, he reaches out to play with Felix's blonde hair, his touch gentle and reassuring., "I wanted to see you again, so I came up with interview."

Felix's eyes widen in surprise, a blush spreading across his freckled cheeks as he tries to avert his gaze from Hyunjin's intense stare.

"But the interview was supposed to be for the student with the highest grade... How did you..." Felix trails off, his confusion evident in his voice.

"Oh, come on, " Hyunjin cuts him off with a soft smile, "It was my greatest gamble. Well, not really, I was too sure you'd get it."

"Thank you," Felix murmurs, his voice filled with genuine appreciation.