Chapter 22

Run by Han Jisung

Jisung has half an hour before he has to go back to studio

Annie sits across from him in the cozy corner of their favorite café. She has asked Jisung to meet her here, feeling that it was time to address the complications lingering between them. But if Jisung was being honest, he really didn't give a fuck.

"Thanks for meeting me, Ji," Annie begins, her voice gentle as she looked at him with a concern in her eyes.

Jisung smiles, though there's a hint of tension in his expression, "Just get it over with, will you?"

"Are you angry with me?"

"Are you joking?" Jisung couldn't help but chuckle, but that wasn't some lighthearted laugh, it was instead full of sarcasm and irony.

The atmosphere between them is tense, each word spoken like a dagger cutting through the air. Jisung can feel the weight of their unresolved history pressing down on him, suffocating him with its presence. While Chan and Changbin just sit at the counter, stealing glances at Jisung and chatting with each other.

Sure, they had brief conversation about it during breakup, but it was mostly Annie crying about not knowing what she wants. At some point, no matter how much you like someone, you will get bored of that.

Annie's brow furrow in confusion, her eyes searching his face for any sign of sincerity. "Ji, I just want to talk..."

"Well, I don't," Jisung interjects, his voice sharp with frustration. "I don't see the point in rehashing the past, Annie. It's over and I don't really want to revisit that crap of a relationship. I don't give a fuck if I don't understand why you ran off with Jeongin, I really don't fucking care."

Annie's gaze wavers, hurt flickering in her eyes as she absorbs his words. "Ji, please... I know things ended badly between us, but I still care about you. I just want to know if there's any chance for us to move past all of this."

Jisung lets out a bitter laugh, the sound echoing hollowly in the empty café. "Move past this? Annie, do you even realize the damage you've caused? You were the only girl I have actually liked and then I find out that I was only a rebound."

Annie reaches out to place hand on his arm, her touch gentle and reassuring. "Please, Ji... just give me a chance to prove myself to you. I promise I'll do whatever it takes to make things right, I'm not saying we should get back together, especially how everything got tingled up, but..."

Jisung takes his hand from her touch, "You know about me and Minho?"

"Come on, he happily called me night you fucked." Annie's features light up by mischievous smirk, and honestly it makes Jisung vomit. "I know I can't be mad at you about it, or even at Minho... before you did me wrong, I screwed up with both of you."