Chapter 12

It's Called Freefall - Rainbow Kitten Surprise

~No One's POV~

"You called a guy, who we had a fight about?" Jisung's voice slices through the air like a blade, forcing Hyunjin to open his eyes. He feels a stinging pain on his back from sleeping on the couch. Sitting up, he brushes his hair back, frowning at how strong his headache is. However, the real source of annoyance is Jisung, whose anger seems to intensify with every passing moment.

Jisung stands on the stairs, his expression etched with frustration, glaring at Annie. Her bag is slung over her shoulder, and an unfamiliar guy stands in the doorway, ready to jump anyone if there's a need. Annie forcefully frees her wrist from Jisung's grasp and stomps towards the exit.

"We didn't fight over him," Annie yells back, her voice loud and defiant, as she slams the door behind her.

The tension in the room lingers, and Jisung's anger doubles, he clenches his fist. "I'm pretty damn sure that still having feelings for ex qualifies as fighting over him!" he erupts, his words fueled by a raw intensity that hangs heavily in the air.

Hyunjin drags himself off the couch, Ignoring the pounding headache, he stumbles his way into the kitchen, searching for a much-needed glass of water.

Jisung follows him, the anger simmering beneath the surface. Hyunjin fills a glass, takes a long sip, and then turns to face Jisung.

"Man, what the fuck was that about?" Hyunjin mutters.

"She's been talking to that guy, and I'm pretty damn sure she's not over her ex." Jisung leans against the kitchen counter, running a hand through his hair.

Hyunjin raises an eyebrow, trying to piece together the situation. "So, the mystery guy at the door is Annie's ex?" he asks, setting the glass down on the counter.

"Yeah, and it's not the first time I've caught her talking to him. They're too friendly for comfort." Jisung nods, his gaze fixed on some distant point. Then takes a deep breath and heads upstairs, muttering curse words under his teeth. He bumps into Felix on the way, who is wearing oversized hoodie and sweatpants, looking like he hates everything.
When Jisung hits his shoulder on his, he dramatically falls back, demonstrating that he has no strength left.

Felix enters kitchen, glances at Hyunjin, who despite his strong headache, still manages to smile at blue haired boy.

"What's up with him?" Felix asks, leaning next to Hyunjin at the table. The older doesn't hesitate to run his fingers through Felix's hair and gently caress his neck.

"Annie's been talking to her ex, and Jisung is convinced there's more to it." Hyunjin explains, running his hand down to hold Felix's waist.

"Annie doesn't have ex, though?" Felix questions, making Hyunjin look up in confusion.