6 ~ The lunch

VIVAAN

The days were passing by. Everything was still the same except the one month time that I had in my hands. The pressure in my mind was building high despite of knowing that my parents words cannot just decide my future.

The most important thing here was finding out about Aisha.

Two weeks passed by.

Nothing happened as such between us. My normal routine these days was to get up, have my breakfast and leave for office as soon as possible. Find ways to see her in the office, assign her work, stare her the entire day apart from doing my work and saying good night as a reply to her while she used to leave for her home.

She had started making friends here. I also saw a lot of boys getting attracted towards her because of her beauty but I think she cared less. But I also made sure that none of those boys could approach her.

I don't know whether it was because of her innocence or because she was committed to someone that she never came near any other male colleague. Never touched them and never allowed them to touch her, even by mistake.

But this morning when I was peeping outside the window while waiting for her, I saw her stepping down from someone's bike.

The guy removed his helmet and gave her a smile. They stood there talking for some good moments then she walked inside while he left from there.

I felt myself burning with jealousy. I cannot see her with someone else. Especially, she was sitting on the bike with him. Who ever he was. Bike- closeness between them- everything was just giving me headache!

But then a thought hit my mind, 'Is he her husband?'.

I cannot control it anymore. I need to do this.

Ten minutes passed. I was sitting on the chair when she knocked on the door.

She came inside the room after I gave her my approval.

She stood infront of me and started speaking after greeting me. But everything passed from above my head.

I opened my mouth all of a sudden and spoke ,"Are you free this evening?".

"Hn?", she asked with her eyes wide as I asked her this question in the middle of nowhere.

"Are you free, this. evening?", I asked with each word clear.

She shook her head slowly and answered, "Sorry sir, I'm not free."

"Okay then, we're going out today at 1 sharp for the lunch," I stated.

"But sir... why?", she asked in confusion.

"I have to meet a client there. I would like if you accompany me," I gave her a calculated reply.

She nodded her head and muttered a okay.

Next, I was only waiting for the clock to hit 1.

I was not able to wait. I was roaming around the room again and again and was watching my watch simultaneously . The anxiety was hitting my nerves more and more as the time was running slow.

After almost a decade, the time hit 1 and I stepped outside my cabin. Every one was staring at me. It was also there lunch time, still.

I went closer to her place. She was sitting on the chair keeping her things inside the purse. As she saw me, she stood up from her place.

"Ready?", she nodded her head in positive and we left from there.

We reached to the parking lot and I opened the door of the passenger seat for her.