13 ~ On his knees

AISHA

"We're getting married", he stated.

Is he joking? I mean how can I get married to him.

"You're joking, right sir?", I asked with my narrowed eyes.

He shook his head slowly.

I was taken aback.

"But sir, how? I mean Why?".

"I cannot see you suffering alone. Not anymore", he replied directly looking into my eyes.

He held my wrist and started pulling me towards the temple.

I somehow freed myself from his grip and asked, "Are you out of your mind? Why are you doing this me?".

"Do you even think what would have happened today? Do you even realise what they were trying to do with you? They would have ... have raped you Aisha. fuck!!", he shouted.

"But that doesn't mean you'll marry me. We don't even know each other", I argued.

He stepped closer to me and cupped my cheeks. "I know you, I know you Aisha Trust me".

"But I don't know you"... "Nothing more than your name and your work".

"You'll get to know me Aisha, I'll tell you everything , every single thing about me, just please, let's get married please".

"Aisha, just trust me on this please. I cannot let you go away from me. Please Aisha. I've found you after a very long dark phase of my life, I cannot let you go away now", he added and his eyes moistened.

"Sir, we're no match. How can I.."... "I am not ready for this marriage yet please ", I pleaded.

"What match do you want damn I don't fucking get this, I'm ready to accept you as you're, why can't you accept me as I'm?", he yelled and banged his hand hard on the door of the car.

"But I've never thought about
.. marrying.. someone... Especially not you", I spoke the truth.

He stepped closer to me and took my hands in his. He fisted our hands tightly and asked,"Do you have someone else in your life?".

"What are you telling? No. Ofcourse not!", I replied.

"Good".
"Do you feel comfortable around me? Safe around me?".

I nodded my head in a 'yes' slowly. I do feel comfortable around him and of course after he saved me right now from the incident that would have turned my life upside down, I do feel safe with him!

"Do you think I look handsome, and can be your husband?".

A small chuckle left my mouth immediately. I nodded my head slowly. Ofcourse man! He is! He is handsome! His eyes, chiseled face, his perfectly trimmed beards, his toned muscles!

He sat infront of me slowly on his knees and looked into my eyes.

My heart fluttered.

"Please make me your husband, marry me. I assure you, you'll never regret your decision".

My eyes moistened.

I have no one in my life and through my entire life, no guy has made me feel special like him.

I don't know whether this decision of mine will be good or not.
He has every quality which a girl desires to be in her husband.

The way he talks makes my heart flutter every time. The way he takes me in his arms, I feel warm, safe and happy. The way he takes care of me, no one has ever done.