12.

Omniscient
Dallas , Texas

"We all are gathered here today for the passing of Takyla Willburn." The preacher sadly spoke. Shoota giggled lowly , Stormi slapped his shoulder. He mugged her.

The girls had to convince the boys to come. They were going to throw something on the grill today instead of coming to her funeral but Mijah dismissed that idea.

"How long this shit is ?" Zion smacked his teeth becoming irritated by the second. He hated funerals because the same people who be sitting at your funeral didn't even like you when you were alive.

"Mhhh , they said eight hours." Mijah answered causing everybody to snap their necks towards her. "A funeral for 8 hours ?! ashiid you better scoot the body over , i'm laying down to." Zion scoffed as everyone laughed lowly.

"Y'all are being dramatic." Mijah rolled her eyes muffling her laugh. She don't know who in there right mind would let them have this funeral for eight hours.

"I'm on the side with this one sis , eight hours is a lot." Stormi frowned. It was taking everything in her not to get up and walk the fuck out.

"She ain't even have that many damn friends talking bout eight hours." Dee mumbled shaking his head.

"Can you guys be quiet please ? pay some respect to my niece." The lady sitting in front of them spoke rolling her eyes at the end.

"I know Betty White ain't talking to me." Stormi mugged. "They gon kill her ass dressed with all that blue on." Mijah added looking the lady up and down.

The boys just sighed already knowing how Mijah & Stormi gets once they feel disrespected. "How dare you! this is fashion. You young folks now in days can't dress anyway." She spat back.

"I can't tell if you dressed for the funeral or is the funeral coming to you." Dee spoke up , everybody's jaw dropped not expecting for him to say anything.

The woman just turned back around in her seat feeling defeated & embarrassed. She turned to her friend Shelly beside her. "Is my outfit good girl ?" She frowned.

"I told you not to wear that shit." Shelly cackled throwing her head back laughing. She just slumped back in her seat regretting even walking out the house now.

It was now time for them to lower her casket in the ground. The boys were already back in the car not bothering to see her get lowered in the ground.

"We loved you girly." Stormi sighed placing a flower on her casket , Mijah just watched not knowing what to say. "Ready to go baby mama ?" Stormi asked , Mijah nodded before they both started to walk away.

_______________

"You got somewhere you wanna go ?" Zion glanced at Mijah who was scrolling on Twitter then turned back to the road. "No , you going somewhere ?" She retorted.

"Mhm , I need to go check on the shop then i'll be home." He stopped at a red light , Mijah just hummed. "You gon be good by yourself for about a hour ? you can come with me if you want." He shrugged.

"No , I like staying home." She assured. "You sure mama ?" He put his hand on her thigh speeding off once the light turned green.

"Yes i'm sure baby." She kissed his cheek laughing seeing him smile wide.

After about thirty minutes he pulled in the driveway putting the car in park. "Go head fat mama." He kissed her forehead. "Don't come back too late." She spoke sternly , he laughed nodding.

She hopped out of the car struggling a little. He waited till she got inside the house safely before finally pulling off.

He hated he'd lied to her about his whereabouts but it was all gonna be worth it in the end. He drove for about a hour before finally arriving at his destination.

He parked & hopped out of the car. "Wassup Jace." They dapped each other up. Looking up at the house in awe he smiled.

"You think she gon like it ?" He turned to Jace

"You think she gon like it ?" He turned to Jace. "Shid I hope so. If she don't like it , i'll come stay with you." Jace mumbled , Zion chuckled.

"I think she'll like it since it has a pool and everything." Jace shrugged as they walked towards the house.

"Yea...I hope so." He bit his lip nervously sighing.

He wouldn't know how to react if she didn't like the new house he'd just brought for their family. It would make him start rethinking everything...

"Ok so it has five bedrooms , there's a bathroom in every room except one which is downstairs. 1 laundry room & I already showed everything else." Jace explained.

"Alright , when can we start moving in ?"

"Right now if you want." Jace shrugged , Zion nodded slowly. "And it's fully furnished right ?" Jace nodded.

"They just gotta bring the last bed for the guest bedroom downstairs then it's done." Jace informed.

Believe it or not Jace is a realtor. If one of his friends were looking for a house he was definitely the one to call.

After Zion & Jace talked some more about the house , he was finally on his way home. He picked up his phone seeing all the messages and calls Mijah had left him.

He didn't expect to be gone for three hours but the house was so comfortable to him. Him and Jace smoked for a little just chatting about nothing.

Pulling into the driveway he started to come up with lies in his head so he wouldn't ruin the surprise. If you know Zion then you know he can't hold salt  water.

"Ok we gon say I went with Shoota them." He nodded to himself hopping out the car. Lying to her isn't something he wanted to do but he wanted to surprise her so it is what it is.

He used his key to unlock the front door before walking fully inside closing the door behind him. "Mama!" He called out hanging the keys on the rack.

"Upstairs!" She replied. He made his way upstairs , walking into her room seeing her sitting on the bed watching SWAT , eating some pineapples.

"Where were you THAT long ?" She side eyed him. "Damn , no hey , hi , how you doing first ?" He chuckled placing everything he had in his pockets on the dresser.

"You know how bad my overthinking is." She pouted watching him. "I'm sorry ma." He apologized leaning over to kiss her lips softly. She smiled as he pulled away.

After he changed his clothes , throwing them into the dirty hamper. He hopped in bed beside her snuggling up against her.

"You good ?" He mumbled in a raspy sleepy voice. Today had definitely tired him out. "Mhm." She hummed softly placing the pineapples on the nightstand beside her.

"Wassup daddy baby." He spoke to her stomach before feeling a soft kick making him smile.

"Please don't get toot started." Mijah rolled her eyes knowing the baby would start kicking her all throughout the night.

"Mommy hating on us toot." Zion chuckled shaking his head. Mijah yawned covering her mouth now feeling sleepy.

"You sleepy mama ?" Zion looked up at her. She nodded. He leaned up pecking her lips three times before lying back down.

"Goodnight mama & goodnight toot." He kissed her stomach.

"Goodnight baby." Mijah replied pulling the covers up on them before drifting off to sleep.

________________________

let's get ready for the gender revealllll