14

"What are we even going to do." We just going to get him a little drunk so he can tell us about the case said stiles. "Stiles, are you sure about this." It will be fine. You can just send him off to bed after he said. She felt bad this was their father. She is not good compulsion, so it would probably not work. Now that she thinks about it, she really needs Linsey to teach her. We walked into the kitchen where Stiles and I Father sat at the table. Whatcha doing asked stiles. Work he said to us. "Anything we can help with." You know, if you poured me an ounce of whiskey, that would be awfully nice," he said. Wait, Stiles' plan is actually working. Stiles poured him some. Any leads asked stiles. You know I can't discuss that with your dad said. "Not too much." We have him black out drunk the frist glass. Stiles gave dad the glass. Thanks, "he said. You know, Derek Hale would be a whole hale of a lot, he said. "Hell of a lot." Hell... Yes... He would be a hell of a lot easier to catch if we could get an actual picture of him said dad. How do you not have a picture of him asked Stiles. I already know the answer. It's the weirdest thing... It's like every time we tried to get a mug shot, it's like two laser-beams were pointing at the camera, he said, slurring his words a little bit as Stiles poured him another glass "Wow." Dad down his drink. Oh, my God... Ohhh! God, that ounce hit me like a brick. And I have said way too much, and if you repeat any of that, dad said. "Dad, it's us! We are not gonna say anything. Come on!" See, the thing is, they're all connected... I mean, the bus driver that got killed? He was an insurance investigator assigned to the Hale House Fire, said Dad. I loon at the file as my eyes widen. "Terminated under suspicion of fraud." I read out loud. Exactly said dad. "Who else?" The video store clerk who got his throat slashed? He's a convicted felon history of arson dad told us. What about the other two guys? The guys who got killed in the woods asked Stiles. Priors all over their records, including dad when to say, but I cut him off. "Arson." So, maybe they all had something to do with the fire said stiles. Dad glass was empty again. Another shot asked stiles. No, no, no. No more said dad. "Dad, come on! You work really hard, all right? You deserve it." Oh, my God... I'm gonna have such a hangover said dad. You mean you're gonna have such a good night's sleep said Stiles.

There are just so many questions , " Dad. "Like what." Like, if Derek wanted to kill everyone involved with the fire, then why start with his sister? I mean, she had nothing to do with it. Why make it look like some kind of animal did it dad asked. Shit he drank, but his mind was still working. When that cougar ended up in the parking lot, I checked with animal control-- you know the instances of wild animal reports were up seventy percent over the past few months? It's like they're going crazy, running out of the woods... I don't know said dad. Or something's scaring them out said stiles. I look at to tell him to shut up. You know, I miss talking to both of you. It's like we never have time said dad. Dad, you know madeline and I have to make a phone call. I'm sorry, we are right back said Stiles. I get up to fallow stiles out the kitchen. I do... I miss it... and I miss your mom he said, slurring his works. We both look back at him. What'd you say asked stiles. Thanks said dad. "You know what stiles you can make thag call by yourself. I think I need to get dad to bed. He nodded.

I walked over to dad. "Come, that's enough work for one night. Let's get you to bed." I need to work, Maddie," he said. "Dad, please, we are worried about going to bed." Fine he said. I help him up to his room, and he feels asleep. I went back downstairs. Stiles looks at me with an annoyed look on his face. "What wrong." Peter is with Scott mom on a date he said. "Let's go, we going in my car."

We drove a little bit, and then we saw the car. I ran into the back of it. I get out. Stiles and Madeline said Melissa. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened. I just lost control. I haven't driven it in so long that something may have been broken." Wow, this is-this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh said, stiles. I look at Peter and smirked. I fall over on Melissa. Maddie, are you okay she asked. "Sorry, I just feel a little dizzy. I am really sorry." I mean, we should probably call the cops, you know? Do like, an accident report thing asked stiles. I don't think that's necessary said Peter. No, maddie could have a concussion. I think we need to get her to a hospital said Melissa. I know you're there, Scott, and I'm impressed, Madeline. It's too bad most teenagers aren't that smart. It's like that one on the lacrosse team-- Jackson. He thinks he knows all about us. You know how they say, "Knowledge is power?" Not in his case wishper, Peter. Melissa was on the phone while Stiles and I stood there. Peter was nowhere to be found. I hate the hospital. "Im sorry again, Mis McCall." It's okay. You couldn't control your car she said. I heard the ambulance coming. The check me. Well, I have good news: you don't have a concussion, said paramedic. "Yay." Also, I believe you're not supposed to drive with a broken wrist he said. "It's healed. I just haven't had it taken off yet." Then why do we take it off right now he said. "How about we don't? I have an appointment to get it taken off." Whatever you say, sweetie, hesaid. I hoped out of the ambulance and walked to my car. Stiles was wait.