𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

A loud grunt pressed out through your lips as your back hit the hard ground, again, and you gritted your teeth trying to soothe the pain that shot through your spine as a shadow loomed over your head, shielding you from the sun.

You panted as you opened your eyes and saw Gojo's cheeky grin right in front of your face as he looked down to you. "Can you give me a break, for fuck's sake?!" you hissed, pushing him away by his shoulder. Sitting up again, you frowned at the scratches that now decorated your palms.

"Why are you so fast?" you sneered as you hopped back onto your feet, preparing to floor him this time. With more distance between your feet, you got into fighting stance again and your hands balled into fists, your knuckles already turning white from the force.

"I'm not called 'the strongest' for nothing, princess." he cooed, not even bothering to get ready for your first hit.

"You are also called the man with the 'six eyes' - so where are the other four?" you countered, panting as you dodged his hand.

You tried so hard, ducking away, sliding to his back, hitting him from another direction – but there was no chance that you'd be able to get through to him. His technique was like an invisible wall all around his body, not one of your hits was able to break through.

The sweat collected on your forehead after a few hours of non-stop training, and by the time you were already at your limit, he wasn't even near it. He didn't even do anything other than shield off your hits.

You were so frustrated that every fist you threw towards him was faster, stronger and sneakier but it seemed as if your efforts amused him even more and his winning smile was just getting brighter. You had most liked to gauge his eyes out if there wasn't the blindfold in the way. And his barrier.

With heavy breaths, you walked away, gesturing that you needed a break badly because you couldn't keep your posture up anymore. Your fingers brushed the hair out of your face as you let yourself fall down on the grass beside one of his other students that you met before.

Megumi Fushiguro.

He was nice, but he was really introverted, silent and not much of a talker, even though he helped you get back to the school on that rainy day. There wasn't much to start a conversation on as you panted next to him, trying to catch your breath again.

He studied your red, sweaty face and turned away again, just before he spoke in an indifferent tone while still watching Yuji now struggling against Gojo's powers.

"You'll get used to it." He didn't even acknowledge as you stared at him, questioning his statement with furrowed brows. "To what?" you responded coolly, averting your gaze to also watch Yuji's and Gojo's training.

"Gojo."

"That idiot?"

Your responses were short-bound, but so were his and you didn't mind a conversation with someone – really anyone other – than Gojo.

"Yeah," he muttered, a small smile tugging at his lips, "He's not so bad. He's annoying but he'd do anything for the people that mean something to him."

You propped up on your elbows as you studied his bored expression, but you had to know why he was defending him. You were curious as to why he seemed to have a different connection to Gojo than the other students.

"How come you know that?" You casually asked while you sat up and brushed off the pieces of grass that were stuck to the fabric of your shirt from one of your many crashes to the ground.

He averted his gaze to the sky as he thought about telling the whole story, but he didn't know you well enough to entrust you with the whole tale of his difficult childhood. He wanted to leave it at a vague description and he sighed, stretching his legs before answering you.