𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

All of the stuff that Gojo got you was scattered around the room, still with the price tags on it as you laid on the bed – staring at the ceiling.

The hours flew by and you still had to digest what you saw and heard on this day.

In particular, you were going through what you were talking about with Gojo, and that he told you that he knew what you were talking about when you said you lost someone important on the way of making your life what you wanted it to be.

Did he also lose someone that meant something to him or did he just want to sympathize with you?

On the rare occasions that you both spoke to each other seriously, you – without realizing – opened up to him and told him things that you didn't tell anyone else.

There was no light in the room, but your eyes were so adjusted to the darkness already, that you could make out every crack in the wood of the walls and everything else that remained just as still as you did.

Sometimes, you didn't even think. You just stared into blank space with no thoughts running through your head – enjoying the silence. Inside and outside.

All of a sudden, two quiet knocks echoed on your wooden door.

At this time? It must have been shortly before the morning hours already. You didn't move. Not a single sound could be heard from your bed as you glanced to the door and the light shining through the crack underneath it.

Knocking. Again.

"Y/n?"

A whisper muffled through the wood rang in your ears and it was Gojo's voice that you recognized instantly.

"What?" you responded quietly, making your way and tiptoeing through the room. With a low click, the door opened and you met Gojo's bed head, hair standing in every direction and a weary look on his face.

His attire was unusual, since you almost never saw him in casual clothes, let alone his pajamas. Nonetheless he looked just like an ordinary man, except for his extraordinarily beautiful eyes of course. Though you had to admit, his sleepy face didn't look bad either.

"Aren't you sleeping?" You peeked your head out the door and rolled your eyes at his smart observation. "If I was sleeping, I wouldn't have opened the door, dumbass." you taunted, opening up and letting him inside, "Come in."

He shuffled towards the bed and sat down on the bottom end while you let yourself fall onto your pillow, adjusting it so that you were comfortable.

"What is it?" you questioned as you leaned back and pulled the covers up, cuddling into them. Gojo rested his back against the wall beside the bed and slid down, his legs sneaking under the comforter you pulled up. "What do you think you're doing?!" Your voice was tinged with irritation but he only responded with a pouting expression, his tone apologetic as he whispered, "I'm sorry but I'm cold!"

Reluctantly, you allowed him a small piece of your blanket so he didn't have to freeze and a comfortable silence settled between you. You studied his face, his sharp features, his piercing eyes that stared off into space and his blank expression.

"Toji wanted to sell his son to the Zenin clan after he manifested his cursed technique," he began, "but it was only just before I killed him, he told me about it. And he told me I could do as I please." He rested his chin on his fist as you just listened to him explaining further. "After his wife died, he only had his son. And he realized – too late – that he wanted him to be cared for. And that wouldn't be the case with the Zenin's."

He looked at you, a bitter smile on his face as he went on quietly.

"I really had no clue of either what to do with children, nor how to raise them or care for them. But I couldn't...," he hesitated, stumbling upon his words, "After what I heard from Toji, and after the most important person in my life was gone – How could I not take Megumi in and look after him?"