𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

As soon as you saw his hand ball into a fist, you tugged on his arm with full force and pulled his body forward. At the same time your foot jolted into his, kicking his shin and as he went face first into the grass, your smile only got brighter, seeing him struggle against the grip you had on his arm.

All the practice you had in the last few years were not useless apparently and you could have applauded yourself for such a sneaky move to swipe him off his feet – finally.

Bending his arm backwards and holding him captive with your foot stepping on his back, you leaned down on it and pressed him down even further, a victorious smirk on your face.

"I'm gonna go now – Gojo-sensei." you cooed, giving him one final push to the ground as you exaggerated the word 'sensei' mockingly. You let go of his hand and stepped off his upper body, leaving him there – but what you didn't see was the expression he tried to hide from you purposely.

Amusement. And satisfaction.

He knew there was still some kind of spark left, and whatever Megumi told you reignited that. That – what you did to him – was what he wanted to see when you were training. This is what he was aiming for.

Yuji and Megumi both stood there, bewildered and their eyes wide open at the scene that unfolded in front of them. Yuji's mouth was gaping open in shock that his favorite teacher was defeated by you – a person that was new here and supposedly stronger than 'the strongest'.

Megumi's expression turned from bored to astonished and a little shocked as well, but you didn't notice it and neither did you care at all as you were walking away from Gojo. You knew what and who you were looking for now, and maybe you'd find a clue in the library.

Also – there was a chance that Nanami would be there in the evening, so you'd even have some nice company for your search.

Gojo got up, picking the grass of his uniform as you walked inside the school again, and when he turned to his students, both of them were still in awe of the move you made to bring their teacher down.

"I guess were done here." he snickered, still dusting off his jacket as he hid a small smile – knowing what was coming and that you meant trouble for him. He knew that your cursed energy was high, but that you effortlessly got him down was surprising to him, even though he didn't defend himself against your attack, and let you win on purpose just to see what you were able to do.

He was sure there was more to your outburst, more to your cursed energy and the things that could be done with it. It was so strong that you could easily defeat any grade one curse, maybe even special grade curses with it.

As the day came to an end, you found yourself in the library – alone.

The setting sun was shining through the window, casting long shadows through the room and enveloping the room in a muted orange hue. You admired the color that was now all over the furniture, the books and your fingers brushed against the miniature cursed objects that you found on the shelf when you first came here.

The small metal item between them was gleaming in the bright light and your first visit here seemed so far away, shoved into the back of your mind.

All the memories of the night before with Nanami appeared in your head as you stared at the desk, whose woody scent you could still smell as you remembered the feeling of being pressed against it.

Your head slowly turned around to the footsteps that entered the room behind you, and your gaze set on Nanami – now in casual clothes, no dress pants, a normal t-shirt and his hair messily brushed back.