𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

When you awoke, Gojo was long gone and you rolled out of bed tiredly. The sun outside was already over its peak and began to set again. You knew the next day was full of training and other responsibilities but before that, you needed a shower and to clear your mind. 

So that's exactly what you did.

Afterwards, refreshed and freed of the thoughts about last night, you headed towards the library to read for a little. 

"Oh, sleeping beauty awoke all by herself." Nanami greeted you with a small smile as he turned back to the book he was reading. His compliment made you flustered, and your lips curled up as you sat down next to him. "You could have kissed me awake, though." you mused, grabbing a book from behind him and opening it up beside him.

He chuckled lowly – relaxed and calm. His hair was neatly brushed back and he was in just a blouse and pants, a casual outfit complementing his natural sleekness. 

"Did Satoru behave yesterday?" he questioned, still concentrating on the book, "And did you find some clothes?" You just hummed, unable to retell the whole story but still confirming what he wanted to know as you, yourself were now engrossed in your own book. 

You were reading silently for a few minutes, but the questions about Toji were still half-resolved and you pondered about asking Nanami a few things. Also, you were hungry and your stomach was rumbling loudly, disturbing the peaceful atmosphere in the library. 

"Nanami?" – "Yes, darling."

Darling... There it was again.

"Can I ask you something?" He agreed, but you were interrupted shortly after by another growl of your starving belly. "Hungry?" You nodded awkwardly, but he still stood up right away and closed his book with a snap.

He chuckled, but you averted your gaze – guilty of not eating for almost 24 hours again. 

"Let's get you something to eat, then we can talk."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The chatter in the hallways subsided as you munched on the Onigiri Nanami brought you, and you could have devoured all of them at once – that's how starving you were. 

The spices were blending in perfectly and you were grateful that you had the opportunity to taste such delicious foods. Trying new things every day and having people to share your excitement with.

"Nanami," you swallowed a piece of rice before you continued, "Do you know anything about the remaining members of the Zenin clan?" He took a spoonful of his soup and chewed the meat intensely, putting the spoon back into the bowl. 

"No, not really. Gojo is more in the picture about them, though." he stirred the perfectly seasoned dish again, "He can tell you about it."

Why did no one want to talk about the Zenins? Everyone that you asked was always directing you towards Gojo. As if he was the only one that was allowed to talk about them.

"Why is it, that every time I ask anyone about the Zenin clan, I always have to talk to Gojo about it..." you grumbled, taking another bite of your Onigiri.

Thank god, Nanami didn't look at you because you couldn't help but roll your eyes at the recurring interactions with Gojo – although it wasn't as bad as before anymore after he spilled his heart out to you.

The rest of the meal was gladly eaten in silence by both of you.

You didn't know if you wanted to push your luck again and try to talk to him about what you wanted to know – even if that was the only possibility to find what you were looking for.

With a full stomach and a full mind, you crumbled up the wrapping paper in your hand and shoved it into your pocket, while Nanami was still silently eating his soup, spoon by spoon.

"Thank you, Nanami." You wiped your lips, getting rid of any rice that was sticking to them. He smiled politely and just nodded before he put the spoon down into the bowl. "Wanna take a walk after I finish eating?"

You knew that fresh air would be good, since you had done nothing besides reading, sleeping and eating today – but in all honesty, you were still too tired to go for a walk. All you wanted to do was just rest. But you knew it could do no harm and you'd sleep better if you went outside.

"Yeah – but only a few steps. I'm still so tired from yesterday and I guess tomorrow will pry all my strength again..." A small smile graced your lips as you turned your back and went to your room to get the jacket, since it was already getting cold again as soon as the sun set.

"At the entrance in five minutes?" Nanami swallowed and his eyes followed your form walking outside. You looked over your shoulder, a tired thumbs-up in his direction and you were already gone.

You grabbed the jacket that Gojo gifted you yesterday, silently shaking your head at the price tag that was still on it. Ripping it off, you threw it to the trash hoping to forget that something you were wearing right now was probably worth another person's annual income.

It did look good – no doubt. Still, it was so expensive, you didn't even know how you could ever be fine with wearing it outside, let alone train with it. For this jacket, it would have been better to put it into a glass box and never even touch it again, just putting it in your room to look at something you could have never afforded in your life – if it wasn't for Gojo.

With your hands inside the pockets, you strolled towards the front door and already spotted Nanami waiting for you there. Did you take too long pondering about the price of the jacket in front of the mirror? No, it must have been only a few minutes...

"Fancy," he greeted you with a hint of a smile, "Did you get that jacket yesterday?" You hummed in agreement as you both took the first steps outside. "I tried to talk Gojo out of it, but he insisted on getting the most expensive one."

He chuckled lowly, "Sounds just like him. That man is so rich, he has no idea where to put his money anymore." Nanami walked beside you and walked just a little slower than you, eyeing you from top to bottom. "It suits you. You always look beautiful, though, no matter the clothes."

You knew he was polite, handsome and courteous anyway, but such an honest compliment made your heart melt, because you knew he meant it. His expression was neither nervous, nor taunting – like Gojo's always was.

That was it – Gojo always seemed to be joking, making him look like a child. Nanami was a grown man, and he acted like it.

"Thanks. You always look good, too – even without any clothes at all." You winked, tugging a strand of hair behind your ear as you turned around to face him, walking backwards now. His cheeks were slightly turning into a rosy shade, possible to see even in the dim moonlight that already shone through the trees.

You smiled broadly at him, sticked out your tongue and skipped back, trying to turn facing forward again.

Quietly chatting about anything and everything, your yawns interrupted the conversation more often than you'd like to admit as you made your way back to the building after about fifteen minutes of walking.

"Daaamn," you yawned, tears collecting in the corners of your eyes as you tried to speak, "I really need to go to bed." You rubbed your face, weary and exhausted as you walked beside Nanami through the hallways.

"Then get some rest." Nanami's arm snaked around your waist, pulling you towards him right in front of the door to your room. "Good night. Sleep well, darling." He leaned down, gently pressing a light kiss onto your forehead.

You were too tired to think about it right now, all you wanted to do was sleep. If he was catching feelings or if it was just a sign of affection – There was no way you'd be able to run your thoughts about it tonight.

"Good night, Kento." You smiled at him through half-lidded eyes, both of you turning around; You went to your room and Nanami walked in the other direction, probably going to the library to prepare for tomorrow's work.