𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

"Hey!" You ran down the hallway, out of breath from following up after Shoko so you could talk to her. "Shoko – wait, can I talk to you for a second?!" you yelled, panting from your unexpected activity. She turned around, a cigarette hanging loosely between her lips as she smiled lightly at the sight of you.

"You're feeling much better, aren't you?" She studied your body, the few pounds that you put on in the last days suited you and she gently laid her arm on your shoulder. You looked – and felt – better than you had in your time there before.

"You finally look healthier again, honey. Maybe I should express my gratitude to Kento in this case for his help as well?" she joked, patting your arm as you both walked outside the door and you mirrored her casual giggle.

Oh – Oops.

Maybe that was a bit too loud yesterday.

When you realized what she meant with her comment you could feel your cheeks heat up, not because of embarrassment, but just because of your own foolishness to think that those moans couldn't have been heard throughout the hallways.

It would have been smarter to let him stuff your mouth with his tie, just like he wanted to.

As she lit her cigarette, she crossed her arms on her chest and leaned back against the cold wall, her brown eyes set on your face. You noticed that – similar to Nanami – she somehow always looked tired and the bags under her eyes were very prominent on that day in particular.

The wind blew some of her hair into her face while she took a drag of her cigarette and you could only admire her delicate fingers as she tucked a loose strand behind her ear. She looked so fragile, yet she was here supporting the strongest sorcerers on their missions without any complaints.

You liked the female companionship that you had now, you had no real 'girlfriends' before and it was a welcome change in your life. There was always this connection between women that you liked, somehow feeling the ties bound to femininity on a higher level.

Shoko was someone you could get used to, even though she wasn't very outgoing or extroverted – she seemed to be a good friend to all of them. She even got along with Gojo pretty well.

She nudged your arm as you zoned out a bit, thinking about their friendship and how it had to be going on for a long time since they looked quite comfortable around each other.

"Just a joke – I'm glad that you 'like' each other," she winked, a smirk tugging on her lips, "But I have to warn you, Kento is married to his work, so don't get your hopes up. He's not that into relationships and all that."

You giggled, knowing she was just bantering and wanted to give you a heads-up before you'd be in too deep. "I know, I know – We already talked about that." She nodded, blowing out a puff of smoke.

"What did you want to talk about, then?" She leisurely shifted her position, hoping the wind would not hit her that hard closer to the door.

"Did you know Toji Ze–," you corrected yourself, "Fushiguro?" She pinched her brows and the birds that were chirping before quieted down, almost into nothing as she tilted her head. As quick as her skeptical face appeared – it vanished again and turned into a tight-lipped smile.

She hummed quietly, averting her gaze towards the forest and putting out her cigarette as she responded. "I think you'd be better off asking Satoru about that..." As she turned around to get inside again, you slipped through the door behind her and grabbed her shoulder to get her attention again.

"Why?" She turned around to face you and the hallway to the right was coated in light chatter from the living room. "I thought he hated him?!" you wondered – a questioning expression on your face. "Yeah. That's why he killed him."

Her voice turned into more of a whisper as she turned around to get going again, but you were so baffled at why Gojo would have gone so far as to kill someone just because he hated him.

You fell into step beside her and took her wrist to talk to her while walking. You were intrigued by her words – so much so, that you wanted to know more about the circumstances this happened in.

"He killed him?!" You were shocked, but still waiting to hear more on the topic because you needed to know where Toji could have been before he died and whom he could have sold your watch to. He was a sneaky bastard, that's why you got into his trap in the first place.

"Yep." She popped her lips, exaggerating the last letter vigorously as she looked over her shoulder. "But – speak of the devil – You can talk to Satoru about it." She turned back, looking to the hallway in front of her and lo and behold, Gojo Satoru turned around the corner, strolling through the school.

With a can of Coca-Cola in his hand, he approached you and Shoko, greeting you both with a beaming smile and waving like a maniac.

You instantly rolled your eyes as you saw him walking towards you both and shot her a glare, while she just responded with a smirk. "Thank you for lending me your clothes, Shoko." You placed your hand on her shoulder to underline your gratitude to her even more as she turned around. "No worries – But it's a little loose since it's not your size." She smiled as he talked to you over her shoulder before she left. "No wonder Kento couldn't behave, even I am getting sweaty over here."

"Satoru would be glad to help you shop for clothes, no?" She averted her gaze towards Gojo, who now stood in front of you, and snipped her finger in his direction before she was gone.

You laughed awkwardly to her comment, dying inside at the thought of a shopping trip with Gojo because you were not sure if you could handle his straightforwardness today. He told you that you smelled and that you looked ridiculous – there was no way that he'd ever be a good shopping partner.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you train some students?" You crossed your arms on your chest as you made your way around him to walk along the hallway. He didn't take long to keep up his pace to fall into step beside you, and you glanced toward him – his smile just as bright and cocky as before. "It's Saturday and we have today off," he swung his arm around your shoulder, pulling you into his body, "So – we are going shopping today, Lady."

You shook your head, giggling internally at the sudden title he gave you. "Lady?! What are you, a medieval Lord or something?" you mused, raising your brow in question but he just smirked at the thought that he really made you laugh and you didn't hit him when he pulled you to his side.

Knowing that you couldn't really be aggressive or mad towards him until you found out something about the whereabouts of your watch, you scolded yourself mentally as your gaze drifted to his arm around your shoulder to not slap it off right away.

"Would you be my Lady if I were a medieval Lord?" he cooed, playing into your little joke with a wink as you both walked towards the living room.

You wriggled out of his arm and sat down on one of the chairs, him plopping down right next to you on the other one. Biting your lip, you pondered about rejecting his offer of a shopping trip, but this was the only chance you had to find out literally anything – and also get new clothes because now, you only owned a borrowed skirt and a borrowed shirt.