Chapter 4

Reading the Kitab al-Sihr, Naruto learned of different types of magics and their uses. He wished to learn all of them and be the best ninja of his time. He was in one of the Leaf village's many training grounds, practising how to learn and use these magics.

One of these was the darkness flame-- hellfire that was pitch black with bits of purple and could instantly reduce anything to dust and ashes. Naruto was practising how to use the darkness flame as throwable fireballs and he threw them at the trees. One of the tree trunks broke and Naruto smiled a bit when he saw that and the black fire soon died out.

Naruto suddenly heard the sound of people coming and he quickly hid behind the bushes. They were genin training for the chunin exams that was to be held in the Hidden Cloud at Lightning Country.

''Alright team. You are all eligible to take part in the chunin exams to be held at the Hidden Cloud village.'' Their jonin instructor told his three genin, Naruto's seniors. ''And I'm glad to say, you made me proud at how far we've reached in a year and a half.''

''No problem, sensei.'' One of the genin replied with a grin. ''Just you wait, we'll return and be promoted to chunin in no time.''

The jonin gave a hearty laugh at the enthusiasm of his student. ''Now, before you all pack your bags, there is one more thing that I want to teach you. It's a simple trick but one that can be very helpful.'' The jonin pulled out a scroll, put some chakra in it and in a poof came weapons. ''Neat huh?''

Naruto's left eye widened in surprise as he saw this. That trick really was helpful. He listened closely as the jonin explained the workings of the storage scrolls and after hearing what he needed, Naruto left. He could have great uses for the storage scroll as he could seal useful materials like weapons and alchemical potions. And maybe even more ramen and tasty food with it.

Naruto daydreamed about the storage scrolls a bit too much and got distracted;   he did not see where he was going and his foot slipped. He was on the edge of a cliff and he was falling down. ''Oh no!'' Naruto panicked and he tried to summon Shax but for some reason, he couldn't. ''No, no, no, I don't want to die!'' Naruto closed his eye as he tried to summon Shax again and he stopped falling.

''What the-'' Naruto looked and saw dark blue energy coming around him to form an ethereal, skeletal arm. The clawed hand of the energy skeleton arm pierced into the cliff and stopped his fall. ''Woah. What is this?'' Naruto asked and suddenly, the energy just dissipated. Naruto screamed again as he started falling down and tried his best to summon the thing again.

At last, he succeeded when the energy came to surround him and protect him. ''Phew. That was close.'' Naruto said and stood up. He walked to train in some other area.

(night time, training ground 44)

Naruto checked the area to see if there were signs of anyone in the area. There was no one and he could begin the ritual to summon another of the 72 demons of the Ars Goetia. This time, it was a great marquis named Forneus.

Naruto stood inside the circle and it started to glow once more. He stretched his arm out and a bit of blood dropped onto the circle. He then gave the command: ''I call upon the sea-beast who teaches rhetoric and languages and the one who can grant admiration. Come forth, Forneus! The great marquis who commands 29 legions of demons!'' Naruto finished and a roar was heard. Soon, Forneus came out and beneath him was something like spectral water.