Chapter 41

''Sakura?'' Ino muttered her thought to be deceased friend's name as she saw the pink haired girl standing on the ground. ''All this time... you're alive?''

For about four to five months, the genins believed that Sakura had died, an unfortunate casualty of an encounter with rogue nin. But it seemed as though she was not only alive but stronger as well.

Might Guy was surprised to see this. He too thought Sakura had died and he mourned her 'passing' as he thought of her as a student. 'Sakura, thank goodness that you were alive all this time. Kakashi... how happy you'll be to learn of this.'

'Sakura Haruno, you were alive and yet did not choose to come back to the village. That sort of behaviour is treasonous.' Were Shino's thoughts with regards to Sakura.

The Mist jonin went to check on Karui and found her knocked out. ''Karui is unconscious. Winner, Shizune!'' He announced.

''Sakura Haruno. That's my real name.'' Sakura said to the Mist jonin. ''I just used 'Shizune' as a way of honoring one of my teachers.''

''I see. Will all the genins who won come down to the floor please?'' The jonin commanded and all the winning genin came down to the floor. A chunin sentinel came and held a box for the genins to choose. ''Inside are paper notes with numbers. Choose a note and this will decide your matches for the finals which will be held tomorrow at 10:00 A.M.''

The matches were as follows:

Round 1: Shikamaru vs Kiba

Round 2: Ino vs Shino

Round 3: Hinata vs Karin

Round 4: Sakura vs Neji

Round 6: winner of R1 vs R2 winner

Round 7: R3 winner vs R4 winner

Round 8: R6 winner vs R7 winner

''That will be all. Come to the Hidden Mist stadium tomorrow and the finals will be held there. You are all dismissed.'' The jonin told them and left.

''Pretty strong genins the Leaf has, wouldn't you say, lady Mizukage?'' Aoi, the jonin commander of the Mist, said to Mei Terumi.

''Yes. Though, I feel saddened by the fact that not a single team from Mist made it.'' Mei lamented but there were few genin from the Mist who took part to begin with;  and those ones were quite weak. Mist was still recovering afterall.

''That redhead... she's the one whom Naruto sent, isn't she?''

''Yes. An Uzumaki, a full blooded one, unlike Naruto or his twin sister. I wonder... if she knows any of Naruto's secret powers and if she does, would she use it here?''

''Sakura. All this time... you're alive!?'' Ino Yamanaka nearly shouted as she spoke to her friend, who was declared dead months back.

''Sorry if I kept you worried, Ino.'' Sakura replied while scratching the back of her head.

''Worried? I was more than worried, Sakura. But, you're alive and well and that's all that matters.'' Ino told her friend. ''Say, what were you doing all these months?''

''Yeah. Come on, Sakura. Spill the beans.'' Tenten said to the pink haired girl, wishing to hear Sakura's story. ''And that super-strength of yours, it's like lady Tsunade's.''

''I... would you believe me that I was found by none other than lady Tsunade?'' Sakura replied, shocking everyone from the Leaf.

''Shut... up. You were trained by lady Tsunade? The slug summoner, 1st Hokage's granddaughter and one of the Legendary Three? The same one?'' Tenten asked Sakura. The weapons user had always idolized the slug summoner and looked upto her.