Chapter 11

''Those who break the rules are scum. That's true but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum.'' Kakashi told his newly made Team 7 and they took in his words. ''We'll start doing missions tomorrow. Come back to this training ground in the morning;  I have to go and report in to lord Hokage.'' Kakashi said and used body flicker to go to the Hokage Tower.

''Now that we're a team, how about we go and... have lunch together?'' Sakura suggested.

''I don't mind.'' Sasuke Uchiha said, making Sakura smile and blush.

'Cha! Take that Ino Pig! I'm already on a date with Sasuke.' Inner Sakura said with excitement. The real Sakura then looked at the cloaked blonde and asked, ''What about you, Naruto?''

''I...'' Naruto was slightly hesitant. He had never gone out to eat in restaurants and such before. Not since the Ichiraku Ramen stand had suddenly left some years ago. But... this was a team bonding moment and the two were his teammates.

They were supposed to be friends, brothers and sisters in arms. And they didn't seem to have malicious intent towards him;  they didn't think he was a demon and such. Naruto felt slightly nervous about refusing and accepted.

''I guess I can eat.'' He finally said.

''I know the best place where we can have lunch.'' Sakura said, guiding her two teammates to the place she talked about. The three entered but for Naruto, it was slightly more difficult but because of Sasuke's insistance, he was allowed to enter.

They ordered their meals and after a minute, it arrived. The waitress shot Naruto a hateful glare but the cloaked blonde didn't care. He learned to ignore it but deep down, it hurt him. He hated that the people thought of him as the nine tailed demon fox.

''So, Naruto... why wear a cloak?'' Sakura asked.

''I... I'm comfortable with it.'' Naruto answered.

''What about your eye, Naruto? Why do you wear that patch over your face?'' Sakura asked. Sasuke gave her a look to mean that she shouldn't ask such a question and Sakura felt nervous. ''I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... to make you feel bad or anything, Naruto. I'm sorry.''

''I don't like talking about it, Sakura.'' Naruto answered. ''And... it's okay. You were just curious.'' Naruto assured her that it was fine.

Team 7 enjoyed their lunch that afternoon but sadly, Sakura did not have enough money to pay. Naruto stepped up, paying with his own money and the genin returned to their own homes.

(Hokage Tower)

Kakashi Hatake, son of the legendary White Fang and the Leaf's top jonin, well known all over the ninja world as the Copy-Ninja, entered the office of the Third Hokage. All the other jonin were also there, waiting for his arrival.

''Hmm? Sorry I'm late. I seemed to have gotten lost on the road of life.'' Kakashi said and he could see the other jonin give Asuma Sarutobi some ryo. It seemed that there was a bet of some sorts.

The Third Hokage took a puff from his pipe and said, ''Now that all the jonin are assembled, we can now begin hearing the report.'' Hiruzen listened to his jonins and it seemed as the first six teams had failed. Then, it was Kakashi's turn and most of them expected Team 7 to fail, as no team under Kakashi had passed before. What came next, shocked them.

''Team 7 consisting of Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha... pass.'' Kakashi reported and all jonin looked at him surprised. ''What? Did I... say something wrong?''

''Kakashi finally passed a team.'' The Third Hokage remarked with a slight smile. He just hoped that Naruto didn't use his magic or anything. ''Well, let us hear the rest.''