Chapter 16

Team 7 returned to the Hidden Leaf village after successfully completing the Land of Tea escort mission. They finished a B rank mission and they reported all the details to the Hokage.

''You did well, Team 7.'' Hiruzen Sarutobi said to the genin. ''You are all dismissed. Except you, Naruto. A moment please.''

Sasuke and Sakura left the Hokage's office, leaving Naruto alone with the Hokage. The blonde Uzumaki walked to the man he considered a grandfather and gave him his report on the secondary missions. He took out the Raijin sword and placed it on the table.

''Mission successful, Gramps.'' Naruto told the Hokage. ''Aoi Rokusho is dead and so is the tax collector.''

Hiruzen grabbed the Raijin, pressing a button and a blade made of pure lightning came out of the hilt. ''It's as I remembered it. Tobirama sensei's sword.'' Hiruzen muttered and he looked at Naruto. ''I thank you, Naruto. You retrived an important relic for the village and eliminated a traitor. But, tell me, did Aoi work for any other Hidden village?''

''We were also pursued by a team of genin and their headbands had four marks that looked like scratch marks, Gramps.''

''Ah. The Hidden Rain. So Aoi sold his services to a minor village.'' Hiruzen remarked. ''You are dismissed, Naruto.''

The blonde Uzumaki then walked out of the Hokage's office and walked to meet up with his teammates. On their way to their usual meeting place, they ran into Kakashi Hatake, their team sensei.

''Hey you guys.'' Kakashi said as he stopped his reading and looked at his students.

''Sensei! You're back.'' Sakura exclaimed. She and her teammates were not expecting to see their sensei today.

''So, I heard you went on a mission without me. How was it?'' Kakashi asked and the genin told him all the details. ''Naruto, Sasuke, I'm impressed by your growth. You've all grown since the academy. And you too, Sakura. Good job using chakra control to enhance your strength.''

The genin were happy to get recognition for their work and Sakura was glad to hear that she was starting to have improvements. They were, perhaps, the most experienced team in the whole of the Rookie 9.

''Now, how about we do some training for today?'' Kakashi asked and his two genin were happy to learn some more.

(night time)

In an empty training ground at night, Naruto was practising his magic. Their teacher was taking the slow route with them and seemed to slightly lean towards Sasuke more than the Uzumaki or Haruno.

''By the protection of the divine mistletoe which exists on neither heaven nor earth, strike the evil of the west.'' Naruto chanted and threw his 'mistletoe arrows' at the dummies and the needles destroyed them easily.

Though called mistletoe arrows, they were only slightly longer than senbon needles but could pack the strength of kunai and exploding tags. They were a very versatile magic, strongest near mountaineous terrain, and very powerful as well.

Naruto looked at the damage and a faint smile appeared on his face. His fist glowed with black flames and he prepared to practise more. ''Darkness Flame fireball.'' He threw a fist sized fireball of the Darkness Flame and destroyed three dummies instantly.

Naruto continued practising more of his magic that night. The chunin exams were nearing and he would reveal his true powers once he reaches the finals. But, before that, he had to master the current magic powers and abilities he knew as of now.
______________________________________