Chapter 32

-Village Hidden in the Leaves-

The citizens of the Hidden Leaf worked to clean their streets of the crystalized mud. The mirror water that came from Forneus was unlike any type of liquid that existed;  hardened winter mud was hard to clean but the crystalised mud was even more difficult. To make it even worse, there was no sample of the mirror water to be taken for study.

Buildings and houses were destroyed as well in the village. People worked to repair the damage done by Naruto when he rebelled. All in all, the fight with Naruto Namikaze destroyed more property than Orochimaru's invasion. Unlike the Sand-Sound invasion where the Leaf ninja knew and prepared, Naruto's attack was unexpected and they paid for it.

Like all genins in the village, Sakura Haruno was hard at work, training to near exhaustion per Danzo's orders. She was learning medical ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu. Unlike her previous training schedules, the routine set up by Danzo was cruel and unforgiving.

''Rotation!'' Neji used the Hyuga clan's defensive jutsu as a fire dragon came to attack him. Neji, along with all the Hyuga, were training hard and numerous jutsu were shot at them.

Neji Hyuga panted as he blocked the fire dragon. With each training session that passed, the jutsus seem to be getting stronger and stronger. His breath was heavy, his legs shaky and his clothes were drenched with sweat. His cousin, Hinata, was on the verge of near exhaustion from the training.

''Fang over fang!'' Kiba and Akamaru tried their best to drill through several boulders but did not even reach half of it. They fell to the ground and panted heavily.

''Again.'' Their instructor, a ninja from the Foundation tasked to supervise them, ordered.

Kiba attempted to get back up but his legs were too weak. In response, the instructor hit him with a stick, making Kiba cry out in pain. ''Get up. Lord Danzo has no need for weaklings.'' The instructor said and forcefully made Kiba stand up.

''Ninja art: iron skin jutsu!'' Choji Akimichi attempted to use the iron skin jutsu to make his skin as strong as iron. A secret technique that would go greatly with his expansion jutsu. However, he was far from mastering the jutsu. To make it worse, he was given less food and was beaten severely if he asked for extras.

Ino and Tenten were having spars and weapons throwing exercises;  Rock Lee was doing exercises to regain his strength and Shino Aburame was taken away for special instructions under the ANBU, which was now combined with the Foundation.

''Fire style: fire shadow tendrils.'' Shikamaru shot his clan's signature jutsu but this one was blazing with fire. The Nara was tired and rest was not a luxury he could have. He had to master all these jutsus as soon as possible.

Kakashi Hatake saw the new academy students sparring brutally and throwing kunai and shuriken at targets from afar. Their spars were more like wrestling matches and they were taught more than previous academy cirriculums' taijutsu. The older batches were learning tree walking and having their chakra natures be known.

As he watched this and that of the brutality of the genins new training, Kakashi couldn't help but feel that Danzo was essentially drilling every single one of them for one purpose: war.
______________________________________

                      -with Naruto-

''You... you will teach me magic, Naruto?'' Shizuka asked her husband.

''Yes. I will teach you magic, Shizuka.'' Naruto confirmed. ''You are strong for a kunoichi, Shizuka;  perhaps on par with some of the Leaf's best special jonin. Your predecessor managed to fight Jiraiya to a standstill. An impressive feat considering that despite his nature, Jiraiya is a kage level ninja. You are strong, yes, but there is always room for improvement.''