Chapter 10

''Are you sure you're okay, boss?'' Konohamaru Sarutobi asked. He was worried for the blonde Uzumaki just five years older than him;  the coughing fit he had after a light spar with Ebisu seemed to take a toll onto the blonde.

''I'll be fine, Konohamaru.'' Naruto assured the boy. ''I'll eat my medicine, take rest and... I'll be okay.''

''When can we train together again, boss? Maybe tomorrow?''

''No, Konohamaru. I have to be there for the orientation tomorrow at the academy. When I have time, we'll train again... some later time, okay? Although I can't promise you that it might be as long as today. And don't go around using that jutsu today, okay?'' Naruto told the boy who smiled and scratched his head. ''Hey, can you do something for me, Konohamaru?''

''Yeah. What is it, boss?'' Konohamaru asked and Naruto gave him a list. It was a list of groceries and some money and the Third Hokage's grandson took it.

''Can you buy them for me, please? I'm... a little bit too tired to buy them.'' Naruto lied. In truth, he could buy them but seeing as how Konohamaru was the 'Honorable Grandson', there was a great chance that he may have to pay less money for the groceries.

''Of course, boss! Just wait a minute. I'll be back.'' Konohamaru then ran to the market. After he bought all the items from the list, he ran back to Naruto. And just as Naruto hoped, the price of all the items in Naruto's groceries list was reduced by 20%. Konohamaru was well used.

After that, the two said their good byes and returned home.

(night time, civilian's home)

Door breached open

''Huh? What's going on? Who are-'' The civilian was punched and pinned to the ground by the Leaf Police Force. ''What the- what are you doing here?''

''Search the house.'' The chunin supervisor of the squad ordered.

''This is a violation of privacy!'' The civilian said. ''Abuse! Abuse I say, from the Police Force.''

''Sir, we found them.'' A policeman said, showing the uncovered documents to the chunin supervisor.

''Take him away.'' The supervisor ordered. ''Tell Ibiki that he has a new one coming his way.''

(Hokage Tower)

''So, you have finally returned, Tenzo.'' Hiruzen Sarutobi remarked as he felt the presence of the wood user enter his office. ''It has been two months if I remember correctly.''

''Yes, lord Third.'' The wood user and a captain in the ANBU confirmed. ''Mission complete, lord Third. The brother of the Land of Hot Springs' daimyo has been eliminated.''

''Good.'' Hiruzen remarked. 'Now, the Leaf's influence on the Land of Hot Springs will not be contested now that the daimyo's brother is dead.' He thought.

The brother of the Land of Hot Springs' daimyo was pro-Lightning Country, making him an enemy to the Land of Fire and subsequently, the Leaf village. Hiruzen felt the need to cut him off and make certain that the Leaf's influence was not challenged.

''Tenzo, you can take the week off. After that, I will need you to go to the Land of Earth and bring in the reports from our spies.'' Hiruzen ordered the wood user who nodded and left.

Hiruzen Sarutobi then began to read the reports from his spies in the Hidden Grass and Waterfall. No such reports pertaining to Orochimaru as of yet and the matter of Mist's civil war was undecided as of now.
______________________________________