Chapter 26

The words of the 3rd Hokage rang in the minds of all the Leaf civilians and even the travellers who came to watch the chunin finals. The 4th Hokage, Minato Namikaze, had two children and one of them was the village pariah, Naruto Uzumaki, or rather, Naruto Namikaze.

His words shocked many. Many regretted their treatment of the blonde and others still did not believe it but the Hokage's words were true. It was a great shock to the genin who believed Naruto to be a no-name ninja orphan. Sakura Haruno already knew this however, but kept herself quiet.

''Naruto is the son of the 4th Hokage?'' Ino Yamanaka questioned, raising her voice loudly and looking at the blonde. 'And he was already looking better than Sasuke before but now Naruto's officially blown him out of the water.'

''Woah. Who would've thought Naruto of all people was the 4th Hokage's son, right Shino?'' Kiba nudged his teammate a bit.

''Yes but now, comparing the two, there are some similarities present.'' Shino said to his teammate. ''And his attire... he's wearing a coat like me but all black.''

''You hear what the Hokage said? Naruto has a sister. I betcha that she's hot.'' Kiba whispered.

'Naruto. So you are the 4th Hokage's son.' Rock Lee mentally remarked. 'You have been away for a whole month. I wish to see how much you've improved and what you can do against Neji.'

'So you've finally come, brother.' Hiromi nearly wanted to scoff at her brother arriving just after the Hokage's announcement. 'I bet he was just standing there, waiting for the chance to show off.'

Jiraiya watched Naruto intently and with keen eyes. There was a power radiating from the blonde that was unknown to him. 'Show me what yoi can do, Naruto.'

(in the arena)

'Naruto's the 4th Hokage's son? Things are becoming more and more of a drag with each passing moment.' Shikamaru Nara thought.

'Oh, Naruto. You've finally arrived.' Hinata looked at the arriving blonde with a smile and faint blush. 'And you look even better than last time, Naruto. It fits you, your new outfit.'

'Woah! Since when did he become this good?' Temari asked in her mind.

''So you've finally arrived, Naruto. I was wondering if Kakashi's habits were starting to rub on you.'' Genma Shiranui said to Naruto.

''Such a thing will not happen.'' Naruto simply said. Genma just shrugged his shoulders; it seemed as though there was a falling out between Naruto and Kakashi to the special jonin.

''So... you wouldn't happen to know where Kakashi and Sasuke are, do you?'' Genma asked.

''Am I their keeper that I should know about that?''

'Okay. They definetly had some kind of a falling out.' Genma then decided to start the matches. ''First round will be between Naruto Namikaze and Neji Hyuga. Next will be followed by Sasuke Uchiha vs Gaara of the Desert. Third, between Kankuro and Hinata Hyuga and last will be between Shikamaru Nara and Temari.''

''Wait, I thought I was supposed to be fighting that Dosu guy.'' Shikamaru said.

''Dosu Kinuta will not arrive.'' Genma answered the Nara. Dosu's mauled body was found not too far from the village. ''As such, the matches have been altered slightly. Will all the other contestants please move on to the contestants booth?'' Genma asked and the others walked to the booth, leaving Naruto and Neji.

''Ah man. What a drag.'' Shikamaru muttered as he walked up to the booth.

(with the kages)

Mei Terumi, the 5th Mizukage, decided to attend the chunin exams in the Leaf to show the Mist village's support to Naruto.