Chapter 34

Naruto had taken control over the demon king Asmodai as well as becoming new clan head of the last remnants of the Uzumaki clan. Things were looking great for him.

The first rays of dawn shone over the ruins of Whirlpool and the cool breeze of the east, the breath of morning, came over the still, quiet waters of Whirlpool. The Uzumaki clan were 32 in total with Naruto and Karin;  the clan lost Suzuka and her grandson, Feyd, in one night. The former to Asmodai, a victim of her mad obsessions, and the latter fell to Naruto's blades.

Naruto looked over Whirlpool's ruins from atop the clan head's building. Soon, his great uncle, Kazan Uzumaki, entered the room he was in. ''Yes, uncle?'' Naruto turned his head around to talk to the older Uzumaki.

''I suppose congratulations are in order for you becoming clan head, my nephew.'' Kazan said to Naruto, his great nephew. ''Though I can't help but ask, why claim the deceased lord Ashina as grandfather?''

''To legitimize myself in the eyes of the clan, uncle.'' Naruto answered. ''Though, given how easily all of the clan members, with the exception of you, had accepted it, this tells me that most don't know about Ashina's real children. Are you disputing my right to be clan head, uncle?''

''No. I just simply wish to know why, nephew. Know that I am not one to support lies.'' Kazan replied. ''She's a fine young lass, my boy. That wife of yours. It wasn't an arranged marriage now, was it?''

''It's complicated, uncle.''

''Most things always are, nephew.'' Kazan replied and Naruto chuckled slightly at that. ''Before we arrived in Whirlpool, we had taken control of several countries, including the Hidden Waterfall. The clan's desire to get their revenge on the world is great, my nephew. Though you are powerful, many doubt that you will be able to fulfill for us our dream.''

''Because I was raised in the Hidden Leaf, uncle?'' Naruto asked. ''No. I have no desire to make the Uzumaki clan a clan of the Leaf like many others. There is no love between me and the Leaf.''

''It's said that you tried to assassinate Danzo. No doubt to get revenge for the clan.'' Kazan said to his nephew.

''My father sacrificed his life to seal the nine tailed fox in my sister. Jiraiya took her and left me;  not only that, Danzo spread rumors that I was the fox reborn. The village treated me with scorn, uncle. I endured everything they threw at me and they took his side. The 3rd Hokage... I was naive;  I believed his words and thought that I could prove everyone wrong. They hear that I'm my father's son and they suddenly change their attitude towards me. They don't care about me. Vengeance against Danzo is our right, uncle. The Leaf sides against me to protect him.''

''So, what is your plan regarding the Leaf village, my nephew?''

''Danzo sold our clan to the enemy;  he is the reason my childhood was bad. And now, he's the 5th Hokage. No doubt Danzo will turn the village into his vision. War... will be inevitable, uncle. And if all of the Hidden Leaf will deny us our rightful vengeance, then let all the Hidden Leaf burn.''

'There is more to my nephew's hatred towards the Leaf than simply this. But, no matter. As long as Danzo pays, then so be it.' Kazan agreed with his nephew. If all of the Hidden Leaf would deny the Uzumaki clan their rightful vengeance, then let all of the village burn.

Naruto leaned forward a bit on the window and took a deep breath. ''I was never free while in that village, uncle. I realize that now.'' Naruto said to the older Uzumaki as his sapphire blue left eye looked at the horizon. ''I was tethered to it, forced to serve a village and people who despise me. To them, I was no better than a rabid dog and they treated me like a plague. Well, now I'm free from that place.''