Chapter 1.

♡George pov♡

"Are you kidding me?" I muttered, switching the channel.

"What?" Clay asked.

"Those stupid fucking theorists are always on the news. Can't I just get facts for once?" I complained.

He nodded and looked down at his phone again.

"You don't believe that shit, do you?" I asked.

"What shit?" He questioned, looking at me.

"Vampires and werewolves and all that fantasy stuff." I told him.

He shrugged.

"Never really thought about it." He replied.

"It's so annoying. None of that stuff is real. The only fairies that exist are people like me." I mumbled, standing up.

He snorted at the joke.

"I'm making food. Do you want anything?" I asked.

My stomach growled as it was nearing the time I usually ate dinner.

"I'm good." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded. I shrugged and began making a bowl of cereal. I felt a presence behind me. I turned around, and Clay was still on the couch looking at his phone. I felt chills run up my spine.

"Are you cold?" He asked.

"No. I just feel off. Maybe I'm getting sick." I said, grabbing milk from the fridge.

I took off the cap and poured it onto my bowl. I put the cap back on and put it back in the fridge.

"Do you want me to go pick up some medicine?" He asked.

I began feeling hot.

"Yes, please. I'm getting overheated." I told him.

"Go change then. You are wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants." He said.

I left my cereal on the counter and went down the hall to my room. I opened the door and went in, shutting it behind me. I took off my sweatshirt and sweatpants. I grabbed a black crop top and black athletic shorts.

Clay was supportive of my sexuality and he never minded when I wore clothes like this. I was very thankful for his support because I didn't get a lot of that back in high school.

I left my room and went into the kitchen. I grabbed my bowl of cereal and went back over to the couch. Clay stood and walked over to me. He leaned in front of me and put the back of his hand against my forehead.

"Yeah, you're burning up. Eat your cereal, then rest. I'm gonna go get you some medicine." He said softly.

I nodded. He went and grabbed his car keys. He put some slides on before leaving the house. I turned on some kids' cartoons and continued eating my cereal.

♡Clay pov♡

I arrived home from getting George's meds and getting myself something to eat as well. The house was dark, and the window was slightly cracked.

He must've gotten hot.

He was asleep on the couch with the empty bowl on the table next to him. I set the meds down and squatted next to him. His breathing was even, and his lips were slightly parted. I grabbed a blanket and carefully placed it over him. I gently brushed his hair from his face. My fingers brushed his neck, and I felt them twitch with need.

I can't do that to him. He doesn't deserve it. He wouldn't want that.

"I'm sorry for making you sick." I mumbled.