Chapter 5.

♡George pov♡

I was making breakfast when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I was carefully pulled back against someone.

"Good morning." I said.

"Morning." Clay mumbled, leaning his head onto my shoulder.

I smiled.

"You're so cute." He told me.

I felt my face heat up.

"Shut up." I replied.

He laughed and pulled away from me, his hands brushing against my waist.

"Do you work today?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Not until later. We're supposed to be really busy tonight." I said.

"I'll probably come in." He stated.

I nodded.

"I actually liked having you there. It made me feel safer." I told him.

He smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I always feel safe when I'm with you." I said.

I felt a gentle peck on my cheek.

"You're adorable." He told me.

I felt my heart beat faster and face heat up as the feeling of his lips lingered on my cheek.

"Hey, I invited Karl and Sap over, by the way." He stated.

"That's fine." I replied.

I finished breakfast, and Clay and I ate. Soon after, there was a knock on the door. Clay answered, and I stayed on the couch. Sap and Karl came in, and Clay sat next to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I leaned against him. Karl and Sap sat on the other side of the couch.

"So, how are you liking the job, George?" Sapnap asked.

I smiled.

"I love it. It's so fun and I make so made so much money." I told him.

"You're good at it, too." Clay added, lightly squeezing my arm.

I felt myself blushing again. Karl shot me a smile, and I shook my head.

"I'm cold. Can I steal one of your sweatshirts?" I asked, looking up at Clay.

"Go for it." He replied.

I stood up, and I felt his hand brush my waist again.

I love it when he does that. It's so comforting, and he's so gentle.

I left the room and went down the hall to his. I opened his closet and found a plain black hoodie. There were a couple of crumpled notes on the floor.

I shouldn't snoop.

I sighed and picked one up. I slowly unfolded it, wincing at the noise it made. I began to read.

☆I love him so much. It's so unfair. I can't have him. I'm not good enough. He deserves better. I'm only here to comfort him, and that's okay with me. The least I can do is pretend he's my boyfriend. He wouldn't like me if he knew the truth. He would hate me, actually. I can't stand the thought of him hating me. I can't live with that. If he hated me, I didn't know what I would do with myself.

I grabbed the other notes and sat on the edge of his bed.

☆I think about dying a lot. I usually think about how I could kill myself. I think of all the reasons I don't deserve to be alive. I hate myself. I hate the things I've done. I feel so fucking useless all the time. I just sit at home all day and then go out at night. Sure, my job is on a computer, but seriously? George is working his ass off all the time while I sit at home typing away and getting yelled at by people.