Chapter 18.

♡George pov♡

I rolled Clay onto his back, shaking him gently.

"Baby, wake up. Please." I begged.

"He's okay. He pushed himself too hard with his power."

I turned around to see Amber. She used her power to lift him up and onto the couch.

"When is he gonna wake up?" I asked.

"It shouldn't take long." She replied.

I stood up from off the ground. Amber had more bruises on her face.

"I heard about the things your ex did." She said.

"From who?" I asked.

"When you told me you were in an abusive relationship before, I asked Karl and Sapnap about it. They told me some of the things he did to you." She said.

I nodded and walked over to the couch. I sat on the edge, next to Clay. She sat on the other one. I carefully began to brush my fingers through Clay's hair.

"How did you get over it? Like, how were you able to get into another relationship?" She asked.

I looked down at my boyfriend, a small smile making its way onto my face.

"The first month or two that he lived here, I was so scared of him. Sometimes, I wouldn't see him for like a week because I was avoiding him. I didn't want to make him upset. I also struggled with self-harm. He knew about it but I wouldn't let him help me because I was scared. One night, I had a panic attack. I couldn't calm down. My body brought me to his room. I woke him up, and he comforted me and held me while I cried. After that, I stopped avoiding him. He helped me get mentally better. We slept in each other's rooms every night." I told her.

She had a smile on her face.

"Eventually, I realized that I had feelings for him. It scared me so much to have those kinds of feelings. I wasn't ready to love someone like that again. Both of us knew that the way we acted with each other was more than friendly. I mean, we even started kissing each other on the cheek and forehead. One day, some confidence hit me, and I asked if we could try kissing on the lips. That same day, we started dating." I explained.

"That's so sweet that you were able to trust somebody like that again." She said.

I nodded.

"I've also had a fear of sex and anything like that since I was sixteen. I think I developed the fear because I was sexually assaulted by a boyfriend I previously had. Clay is the only person I've ever felt comfortable doing anything like that with. TMI, but I lost my virginity to him, and that's something I honestly thought I would never do. He's just such a patient person. He never pushed me into doing anything I was uncomfortable with. He always asks for my consent to do things, and most men don't do that." I told her.

"That's so cute, George. I hope you know he loves you so much." She said.

I smiled down at the blonde again.

"Martel showed up one day when you were asleep. He was messing with Clay, threatening to bite you. Clay broke down sobbing, begging Martel to do anything to him, just not you. He told us that you were everything he had. He'd rather die than lose you, George." She told me.

I felt Clay shift a bit.

"George?" He mumbled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Overusing your power makes you faint, and when you wake up, it's almost like a drunk, loopy effect." Amber said.

"Great. I have to deal with drunk Clay?" I asked.

She laughed.

"Yep." She replied.