Chapter 17.

♡George pov♡

I woke up to Clay gently shaking me awake.

"Someone is blowing up your phone." He told me.

I got myself woken up before grabbing it.

"Shit." I muttered.

I had about 15 missed calls from Eric. I immidiantly called him back. He picked up after the first couple of rings. I was met with the sound of loud sobbing.

"George, I need you to come to the hospital, please." Eric sobbed into the phone.

Clay was looking at me in concern.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Salem, he - he tried to kill himself. The overlords have been showing up more often, and I think he just gave up. He doesn't want to live like that." He told me through sobs.

"Oh god. We'll be there soon." I said.

"T-Thank you." He stuttered.

He hung up, and Clay and I quickly climbed out of bed.

"Fucking overlords." Clay muttered.

We got dressed and left his room. We went down the hall and got our shoes on. We left the house and went to his car. He pulled out of the driveway and started towards the hospital. We arrived in about 15 minutes. We quickly ran into the hospital.

"George!"

I saw Eric stand up from a chair. He was shaking, and there were tears running down his face. I ran over to him, engulfing him in a tight hug. He clung to me, breaking down into sobs.

"I can't lose him." Eric sobbed.

"He'll be okay. Everything will work out." I mumbled.

"What happened?" Clay asked softly.

Eric got himself calmed down a bit before pulling away from me.

"I woke up, and he wasn't in bed with me. He's always there when I wake up. I went to go look for him. He was in the bathroom, and there was blood everywhere. Fuck, it was awful." He explained.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that." I said quietly.

I guided him to sit back down since he was shaking so bad. He leaned his elbows on his knees and put his face in his hands. I sat next to him, and Clay sat on the other side of me.

"I mean, he's self harmed before, and he's been self-destructive but nothing like this. He's never gone as far as to try and kill himself." Eric said.

I gently began to run my fingers up and down my back.

"I'm sorry for calling you guys here. I didn't know who else to call." He mumbled.

"It's okay. I'm glad you called instead of having to deal with this alone." I told him.

"Amber is here." Clay said suddenly.

I could sense her as well. She walked through the doors of the hospital. She quickly came over to us, sitting on the other side of Eric. She pulled him into a hug, and he began to cry again. Amber looked upset and distraught.

"I'm so sorry, Eric. I'm so fucking sorry." She apologized.

"Why did you let them do this to him?" Eric sobbed.

"I don't - I don't have control anymore. They've practically overruled me. They won't listen to a damn word I say. They're all listening to Martel now." She explained.

"Fuck." Clay muttered.

I looked over at him.

"We're fucked." Clay mumbled.