Chapter - 31 : Maybe a try?

Nanon

.

As we both walked down the road towards our dorm, there was a intangiable tension in the air. Maybe it was his change of demeanor. He was behaving really soft recently. He just paid for my food, talked to me like friends and to top it off with the kiss.

As I thought about the kiss, I felt heat rush up to my cheeks.

His lips felt shamelessly good.

And I shamelessly wanted them again on mine. 

I mentally cursed myself for thinking like a pervert. 

He disturbed my thinking spree.

"Nanon?" He spoke my name. He spoke my NAME. He spoke MY NAME. 

I replied with a hum as we both continued to walk looking at our feet.

"About the kiss.." He said as my head snapped towards him.

He flinched. 

"I mean. It meant .." He was cutoff .

"Nothing?" I questioned the same time as he said," Alot."

"Alot?" I questioned himself as I looked towards him as he did the same saying,"Nothing?"

"You really thought that a KISS. A french-kiss. A first kiss will mean nothing? It meant alot." He muttered quitely but I caught every word clearly.

"So what did it mean?" I snapped back. I saw his breath flinch at my snapped reply.

"Sorry." I muttered.

We walked a bit again as he then started.

"You know. I regret yelling at you at the garage that day." He apologised."My father really was going through some money debt and my bike was severely scratched and the side lights were damaged and its repair costed lakhs. I was sad and angry but it did not grant me any permission to yell and shout bad names to you."

"It was mostly because I wanted to test what I was  feeling if it was true? I felt something towards you since first year but I kept it buried cause I kept brainwashing myself that I couldn't.." His voice cracked as the last two words came after a pause."Like you."

The road underneath my feet almost slipped. "Huh?" 

"Yes. I. Um. I .Ilikeyou. IrealisedthatlaterthatIreallylikedyou. " He said in one breath.

"Huh?" I said as I blinked my eyes twice. I wanted him to repeat even if I had heard him perfectly.

"I. Like. You." He said as I stopped in my tracks. He walked a few steps ahead and stopped.

"You like me?" I questioned with widened eyes. "Stop playing your pranks and stop joking." I said as I looked him in his eyes.

I was a great eye-reader and what I saw was not good.

He was honest and sincere about this. His eyes spoke million words that even I couldn't understand.

"Nanon Korpat Kirdpan. I, Ohm Pawat Wangdee likes you." He said before staring deep in my eyes. It was almost as if all the surrounding vanished.

"I-I need t-time-" I was cut off as he said," I am going to give you all the time of the world that you need but don't reject me. Maybe a try?" He pleaded.

He looked like a golden retriever begging to a Shih Tzu.

He extended a hand for me to hold on and walk up beside him.