Chapter 27

An entire week had passed... Issei had decided to spend time with his family and Artemis, who would frequently visit. Each day Artemis would show up, Issei would notice that her reputation for him was increasing... he never checked what her reputation for him could be described as, but he knew that she was very fond of him.

"Issei... How about we watch the newest horror movie together in the theatre?" Artemis asked while noticing Issei was staring into the ceiling.

"A new movie... horror... Sure, this will be fun." He was really looking forward to her screaming and crying... this was going to be a very fun moment.

After a little bit of time to travel and sit down with their popcorn in hand to watch the movie. Issei watched as Artemis was very excited to watch this movie...

A couple of minutes into the film... and she was sitting on his lap and hugging him tightly to hide from the movie. "ISSEI! I DON'T WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE ANYMORE!"

Doing what he did best... he simply continued watching the movie as he hugged her. This woman was very confusing... He was just going to be a very good friend.

Placing her down, Issei turned to her and spoke, "Don't watch the movie because of the scare... watch it for the goofy parts. For example, the scary monster in the movie is just a cuddly teddy bear with bad breath."

Trying to soothe her fear out, Issei watched as Artemis nodded slightly. After a few hours... Artemis was just hiding her face into his chest... Artemis was quite clingy to him... this has been happening for the past couple of days.

Issei didn't think much of it. She was just like this naturally... right?

After arriving back in his house... Artemis decided to leave... that was when he noticed that another presence was in front of his house. Noticing Sirzechs in front of his house, he was confused. "Lucifer... what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to invite you... to Rias's first rating game. She wanted me to invite you to watch the rating game from the VIP section."

Staring blankly at him, Issei responded, "What the hell is a rating game?"

"Oh... it's like a game of chess... alright, let me cut to the chase. It's where a team fights against another team in a specific area. Their combat abilities will be showcased and the winner will be the last team standing."

"Like a team death match?"

"Without the death part... yes."

"... Do I have to go?"

Sirzechs laughed at this, "Rias really wanted you to come... it would make her day to show up... Plus, she wants to showcase her abilities to you."

Issei really didn't want to come...

...

...

He was going to figure out a way to get back at Sirzechs after this. Not only did Sirzechs promise him food, but he also said that he would get free drinks... The food was just a simple piece of bread...

Issei's disappointment was immeasurable and his day was ruined.

That was when the rating game began...

Rias was standing on top of a replica building of her Occult Building. With her hair being tied into a pony tail and her dress being more appropriate for battle, some armor and a proper sword, she stood proud and tall in front of Riser's peerage from the distance.