Chapter 40

Artemis was right behind Issei, trailing behind him after noticing that he left. She was easily able to catch up due to her sheer speed, and she continued watching him. Once he arrived at the school, she noticed that Issei was walking towards the main office. Being right behind him, Issei turned around and was shocked to see her. Widening his eyes, he watched as Artemis smirked in seeing his expression. "Did you really think you would be able to escape me?"

However, before they could get to the door to the office, they were quickly teleported out of the area. Issei noticed as space was distorting around the two. "What the hell is happening?"

Issei watched as Artemis remained calm but was questioning everything. "I don't know... But... something tells me this isn't anything good."

———————————————————

Boss Arena: You must defeat the boss

Details: This mission is mandatory and will test if you truly are ready to defeat foes stronger than you.

Allowed one partner only

———————————————————

He should have known that the system was behind this... Turning towards Artemis, he noticed as she clung onto his arm as they finally landed in an open void. The white void that they stood in stretched to the vast infinity leaving them alone within this space.

"What... is this place?"

However, her question was left unanswered as a yellow fog began to encompass the area. Once the fog finished forming, there stood two beings. Behind Issei was someone that Artemis was shocked to see while Issei was narrowing his eyes to see the being in front of him.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me..."

In front of him... Was another version of him.

--------------------------------------

Name: Shadow

Title: Doppelgänger

Race: Titan

Level: 103

HP: 40824/40824

MP: 537.5/537.5

STR: 300 (+92)

AGL: 136.4 (-10)

END: 153.12 (+51)

INT: 115.5 (-8)

Bonus:+90% Damage Reduction

               +30% Pierce Damage

Skills: Crystallized Frame

              Titanic Smash

              Chaotic Manipulation

--------------------------------------

It has better stats than him... Yet it looked just like him, but had shadows surrounding him. When Issei summoned his hammer, the alternate summoned his own hammer that replicated his.

Behind him, Artemis pulled her bow out and watched as Orion... her long lost lover, was standing right in front of her.

"Years apart... and you're moved on from me."

Artemis, with anger in her voice and malicious intent, screamed at him, "Why have you shown your face again? How are you alive? I swear upon my father's name, I had pierced your heart with this very bow."