Chapter 33

This story has been posted on WebNovel by me this time. I slightly altered the name to be DXD Issei: The Mind Of Games. Chapters will be posted there slightly earlier than here.

If you could review the story there and give your honest opinion, it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------

Summoning a huge army of Fallen Angels, Issei watched as they all came rushing at him. Bringing his Great Swords into the sky, he simply slammed them down with so much force that the aftershock from the attack annihilated half of the army of thousands of Fallen Angels. Kokabiel widened his eyes upon seeing the feat. He wasn't expecting that sheer level of strength...

Walking through the crumbled school yard, Issei continued carrying his two oversized swords to his side. Seeing the rest of the Fallen Angels, he noticed that none of them were even close to his level of power.

Kokabiel came rushing in at him with his massive speed. Swinging his light spear, Issei wasn't able to react. Being slashed by the light spear, Issei could only grunt. It fazed him slightly, but Issei grabbed onto the end of Kokabiel's leg while he tried flying away. "Where do you think you're going?"

Kokabiel didn't say anything, he simply threw another light spear which shattered upon touching Issei, but it left a small little scratch. Clenching his fist and hearing Kokabiel scream in pain, Issei slammed Kokabiel's body straight into the ground with so much force that it caused a minor earthquake to be felt around the city.

[Boost]

That's his fourth boost... His agility stat was still a lot smaller... but Issei could activate blitz to somewhat bring him to the point where he could react. However, knowing how small his mana pool is... he'll wait until he's in critical danger.

"A brat that can hurt... haven't seen one of those in years." Smiling even wider, Kokabiel regained his composure and shot himself straight at Issei again.

Activating blitz for a moment, Issei was able to see Kokabiel coming at him and activated Iron Flesh in time to tank the blow. However, he wasn't able to react fast enough to land his own blow onto Kokabiel.

"Malevolent Pierce"

With a burst of magic, Issei watched as a dozen light spears shot straight at him. Unable to dodge all of them, Issei simply tanked them all. They didn't hurt too much... but it was enough for Issei to hiss in pain. After making contact with Issei, the light spears exploded causing a massive smoke screen to cover the distance between Issei and Kokabiel.

"You were so confident in defeating me that you made sure to fight me alone... did you really think you would win?"

However, once the smoke cleared... Issei wasn't to be seen. Looking confused, Kokabiel frantically looked around... The moment that he looked up, he saw Issei diving straight at him at speeds he could barely react to. Slamming his swords into Kokabiel, the Cadre was barely able to dodge the attack. However, the sheer power behind the blow, the sheer heat generated, it was enough to burn Kokabiel even if he dodged.

Issei was able to hurt him even if he would miss... this was something that would be a problem. If Issei would land a direct blow... Kokabiel wouldn't be able to recover from it.

"So... the only thing I need to do dodge your attacks." Kokabiel bellowed a laugh before glowing with a golden aura. "I guess... I would need to get serious. Be honored... young one... for you shall be one of the very few to see me fight seriously."

————————————————————

Boss is entering enraged status: +15% to all stats