Chapter 2

Outside the Canglang Northern Territory.
At the moment the golden King Lotus exploded, the disciples of the hundred sects of the Immortal Gate were caught off guard. An invisible pressure, like a sea bursting forth, shook everyone back a hundred yards.
Those who were close had their swords and magical instruments shattered to pieces, rendered useless on the spot.

"Cough, cough... Sect Master," a young disciple struggled out of the snow. He pressed his chest, trying to use his sword to stand up, only to find that he was left with just a hilt in his hand.
"Sect Master, my sword..."
For some disciples of the Immortal Gate, their sword is more important than their life. This is especially true for the sword cultivators of the great Feng family.
This young disciple was a disciple of the Feng family.

"Throw it away, go back and reforge it," Feng Juyan said without looking at him, her gaze still fixed a hundred yards away, her beautiful eyebrows tightly furrowed.
As the Sect Master, she naturally wouldn't be as disheveled as the young disciple. Instead, she stood with a long sword in front of her, blocking most of the pressure.
She stood upright, but blood seeped through her fingers, staining the sword's pattern.
The young disciple saw the blood and was shocked.
He had just joined the sect and knew very little. This was the first time he had seen the Sect Master bleed: "Sect Master, what exactly is this golden shadow, and why is it so powerful?"

"It should be the Lifebound King Lotus," Feng Juyan said softly.
"Lifebound King Lotus?!"
The young disciples looked on with faces full of shock and doubt.
Legend has it that the Lifebound King Lotus is unique to the Heavenly Inhabitant Immortal. Because he holds the power of punishment and pardon, with one hand he brings death and with the other, life, thus he has two great life-calling moves—
One calls forth all lost souls, and the other calls forth all living beings.
The Lifebound King Lotus is the former.

"We have only heard of it, but never seen it."
"Who has seen it with their own eyes? Those who have are all dead," Feng Juyan said.
Moreover, that is a life-calling move.
The original intent of a life-calling move is to exchange a move for a life, which means burning through one's spirit. Even for the Heavenly Inhabitant Immortal, the consumption is enormous, and he would not use it lightly.
It last appeared twenty-five years ago.
That day, Mount Taiyin collapsed, the Immortal Capital was completely destroyed, and three thousand spirit platforms fell, most sinking into the bottomless sea.
Some say that on that day, at the peak of Mount Taiyin, closest to the Immortal Capital, a golden shadow of the King Lotus shone down.
After that, the demon U Xingxue was nailed into the Canglang Northern Territory.
Since then, there has been no Immortal Capital.
With the fall of the Immortal Capital, the human world naturally fell into chaos, and calamities ran rampant.
Only those places where the sects gathered and the temples and statues of gods stood could barely maintain peace.
From that day on, the hundred sects of the Immortal Gate changed their name to "Tianshu."

"Sect Master?" the young disciple hesitated to ask: "Why has the Lifebound King Lotus appeared again? Hasn't the Heavenly Inhabitant Immortal already... perished?"

"The Canglang Northern Territory is after all the place he governed, there might still be some remnants of his spirit. As for why the Lifebound King Lotus suddenly appeared," Feng Juyan's voice suddenly paused, "Could it be—"

Could it be that the demon is still alive?
Not only alive but even intending to leave this place, hence triggering the residual move?

"Twenty-five years, imprisoned under the Heavenly Lock for a full twenty-five years. I thought that even if that demon was alive, he would only be hanging on to his last breath, barely surviving."

Isn't that what everyone thinks?
Almost all of the hundred sects of the Immortal Gate had this idea.

They didn't expect a fierce battle, so they brought mostly young disciples, while the rest remained at their respective homes, always guarding against the evil spirits of Zhao Ye City.