Chapter 3

Xiao Fuxuan's coffin? Xiao Fuxuan... Wu Xingxue repeated softly. His men followed but refused to get too close to the coffin. Ning Huaishan stretched his neck out long, wondering, "Strange, how could the coffin of the Celestial Immortal be here?"

"Good kid, he can talk," Wu Xingxue thought. He was still pondering who Xiao Fuxuan was, afraid he might have made a mistake. Thanks to Ning Huaishan's quick mouth, he helped him avoid a disaster. But it's really strange. Wu Xingxue didn't understand the rules here, but he had read scripts before. In the scripts, the immortals regarded demons as filthy, like water and fire, incompatible. Who would put their coffin in a prison specially designed for imprisoning demons, afraid of dying with their eyes closed? Or... is there another explanation? Wu Xingxue thought, reaching out to touch the white jade coffin studded with coffin nails. He had a bad habit since he was a child. Most of the nobles in Que Du liked rare things, such as Jiaozhu, Banruo, and Zhaoshi Deng. The more extravagant the name, the better. But not him. He was very old-fashioned, he just liked white jade, and couldn't help but try its quality when he saw it.

"In my opinion, it must not be a real coffin. Just a tomb with clothes." "Isn't it strange for a tomb with clothes? What's the difference from lying here in person?" "Exactly! Even a broken stone statue in a ruined temple on a hill can be said to have the spirit of the deity, let alone personal clothing? That's not called having a spirit, that's the deity himself. Lord of the City——" After Ning Huaishan said this strangely, he turned his head and saw his own lord touching the coffin.

Ning Huaishan: "..." Ning Huaishan: "???" It was really bizarre. The scene was really too eerie, and several of his men were dumbfounded at the time. This demon leader was indeed unpredictable, and there was always something unexpected about him. His smile was not necessarily happy, and his gentle words were not necessarily to praise you. It was really difficult to serve him, and it was really impossible to understand him.

But that was Xiao Fuxuan, the Xiao Fuxuan who was nailed into the Canglang Northern Region. Why was he... touching it? Ning Huaishan licked his lips, "Lord of the City, what are you doing?" The few of them looked at each other, then at Wu Xingxue. The closest henchman to Ning Huaishan suddenly moved his neck strangely. He extended a finger and wrote on Ning Huaishan's hanging hand: "Don't you think..."

Xiao Fuxuan's coffin?" Wu Xingxue murmured, his men trailing behind but keeping their distance from the coffin. Ning Huaishan, craning his neck, pondered aloud, "Strange, how could the Celestial Immortal's coffin be here?"

"Smart kid," Wu Xingxue thought, still unsure of Xiao Fuxuan's identity, afraid he might have made a mistake. Thanks to Ning Huaishan's quick wit, disaster was averted. Yet, it was peculiar. Although unfamiliar with the rules here, Wu Xingxue had read scripts before. In those, the immortals viewed demons as impure, incompatible beings. Who would place their coffin in a prison meant for demons, fearing death with closed eyes? Or... could there be another explanation? Wu Xingxue wondered, reaching out to touch the white jade coffin adorned with coffin nails. Since childhood, he had a habit. While most nobles in Que Du favored rare items like Jiaozhu, Banruo, and Zhaoshi Deng, the more extravagant the name, the better, he was different. He preferred simple things, like white jade, and couldn't resist testing its quality when he encountered it.

"In my opinion, it's probably not a real coffin. Just a burial with clothing." "But isn't it odd for a burial with clothing? What's the difference from being here in person?" "Exactly! Even a broken stone statue in a ruined hilltop temple can be believed to embody the deity's spirit, let alone personal clothing? That's not having a spirit, that's the deity itself. Lord of the City—" Ning Huaishan's strange remark was interrupted as he noticed his lord touching the coffin.

Ning Huaishan: "..."
Ning Huaishan: "???"

It was truly bizarre. The scene was too eerie, leaving several of his men bewildered. This demon leader was indeed enigmatic, always unpredictable. His smile didn't always indicate happiness, and his gentle words weren't always praise. Serving him was challenging, understanding him impossible.