Chapter 13

"This is..." Wu Xingxue's gaze fell on the box, and after looking for a while, he suddenly spoke up.

Yi Wusheng was taken aback. "Oh," he said, "this is a Dream Bell."

Dream Bells are not uncommon in the mortal realm.

There used to be a bustling market in the southwest, with lamps lit on the third day of the third month every year, stretching for twelve miles, illuminating the mountains. At first glance, it looked like heavenly fire had fallen to earth, burning for three days and nights.

The mountains there were called Falling Flower Terrace, and the market was called Falling Flower Mountain Market. Inside, there were all kinds of peculiar and exotic items. The Dream Bell originally came from there and later became popular in Dream Capital and Lang Prefecture.

This thing is actually small and lovely, meant for good luck—hanging it on oneself can ensure safety and ward off evil spirits. Hanging it by the bedroom window can help one sleep peacefully and have good dreams.

Later, the Falling Flower Mountain Market disappeared, and Falling Flower Terrace became the entrance to the demon den, Illuminated Night City. Fewer people used Dream Bells, and rumors circulated that it could not only aid sleep but also induce dreams.

However, this one from the Hua family is different; it's not an ordinary item from the market but a celestial treasure.

It can indeed make people instantly enter dreams.

It is said that once you enter the dream, all past events turn to ashes, and it's difficult to wake up unless you use the Dream Bell again.

Hua Zhaoting once tried to activate it, but no matter how much celestial magic he used, the bell's clapper remained motionless, so he had to give up. He was afraid that this celestial treasure would fall into the wrong hands, so he carefully hid it.

But now, Hua Zhaoting himself has become a demon. So, what about this celestial treasure...?

Yi Wusheng hesitated for a moment, then picked up the Dream Bell and shook it lightly.

Clang-clang—

The Dream Bell rang twice.

Yi Wusheng: "…"

This was quite unexpected.

The thing that Hua Zhaoting had struggled to activate before, he managed to ring with a light shake. It's unlikely that the Dream Bell found him familiar and gave him face, right?

There was only one explanation left—the Dream Bell in the box was fake.

Yi Wusheng's hands holding the paper were trembling. "This Dream Bell... it has been tampered with!"

Who could have done this?

And when was it done?

It's almost indistinguishable from death, completely unable to make heads or tails of it, almost like speaking gibberish.

"Could it be..." Wu Wusheng suddenly hammered his hand: "Wu Xingxue?!"

After he finished speaking, he looked up and saw that Cheng Gongzi was staring at him with a very strange look.

Wu Wusheng: "......"

Wu Wusheng: "?"

He tried hard to recall the fragments from twenty-five years ago, but couldn't remember them all, and babbled, "In fact, this Dream Bell was lost once, when Wu Xingxue came to Peach Blossom Island, and then it was lost and found again. Could it be... that it was switched by Wu Xingxue at that time?"