Chapter 10

Xiao Fuxuan's gaze became slightly heavy. He seemed to want to say "Wu Xingxue," but due to A'Yao being nearby, he ultimately remained silent. The person beside the red pillar looked at him, and after a moment, confusion appeared on their face: "?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Wu Xingxue asked.

Xiao Fuxuan lifted his chin slightly, pointed at the blood all over the ground and the madman A'Yao, and spoke: "What happened here?"

"Are you asking me?" Wu Xingxue looked down at the physician Wusheng on the ground, silent for a moment. Previously, when he was wandering around Taohua Island with the demon, he was very spirited. Now, standing beside the pool of blood, his voice lowered, and against his somewhat pale complexion, he inexplicably seemed listless. Seeing that expression, Xiao Fuxuan slightly furrowed his brows, blinked, and looked away. He suddenly didn't want to ask anymore. Without waiting for Wu Xingxue to speak, he said in a deep voice: "Forget it."

Xiao Fuxuan's unsheathed sword in his hand turned, and the hilt tapped not too lightly nor too heavily on A'Yao's hand. A'Yao suddenly retracted his hand, and the blood-dripping long sword "clang" fell to the ground, rolling around. The silver tassel and the lotus jade pendant on the sword hilt were soaked with blood, and the words "Wusheng" in the middle of the jade pendant became clear under the winding bloodline. A'Yao stared blankly at the jade pendant, then collapsed to the ground as if drained of strength.

Xiao Fuxuan flicked his robe, half-knelt in front of the physician Wusheng, and used the back of his finger to touch the other's forehead. He was about to probe the spirit when he saw the person beside the red pillar move. The lamp cast the person into a gray shadow, which moved from beside the red pillar, stopped beside him, and then became a cluster. Xiao Fuxuan paused in his action and glanced to the side. He saw Wu Xingxue squatting beside him honestly, first glancing at the limp and dazed A'Yao, then turning his head to whisper: "Xiao Fuxuan, do you think that little madman was acting strange just now?"

Xiao Fuxuan: "..."

Is that even a question? Isn't it obvious? His expression began to look indescribable. But he didn't make a sound, just looked at Wu Xingxue, waiting for him to continue speaking. The other party also looked at him, waiting for a response, and didn't seem to plan to continue, looking obedient enough to be considered "compliant."

"..." Xiao Fuxuan remained unmoved. After a moment, Xiao Fuxuan still moved: "So when I went to find the physician Wusheng, what happened here?"

Wu Xingxue thought for a moment and said: "He was originally paralyzed on the ground, then suddenly woke up as if startled, pulled out the physician Wusheng's sword, and charged over."

Xiao Fuxuan: "..."

Wu Xingxue: "And indeed, it's strange, that little madman used only one sword to kill the physician Wusheng." The physician Wusheng's body had only one sword wound, right in the center, neither biased nor slanted, clean and sharp. It looked like one sword ended everything, without any extra movement.

Wu Xingxue: "Have you seen a madman before?"

Xiao Fuxuan: "...I have."

Wu Xingxue nodded: "Then that's easy to say, you've seen it, you must know, madmen have great strength when they get agitated, but their hands are not steady, the more excited they get, the more they tremble. But this little madman didn't shake at all, and there wasn't even an expression on his face. I think..." He looked at A'Yao, who seemed slightly lost in the quiet. Then he withdrew his gaze and looked at Xiao Fuxuan again: "He must have been used by someone."

"..."

"Who do you think used him?"

"..."

Xiao Fuxuan looked at him, already numb. After a long while, he sneered coldly: "I don't know, maybe I borrowed it." Having said that, he no longer looked at Wu Xingxue, who seemed to be stunned by this answer and remained silent. After a long time, he heard Wu Xingxue "oh" in realization. ...Yes, he dared to "oh."