Chapter 8

In the guest room, Wu Xingxue suddenly opened his eyes.

He was somewhat surprised that he had actually fallen asleep just now.

Almost everyone in Manque City had heard that he had a peculiar habit when sleeping at night—while most people prefer silence, he could not sleep in it. He liked noise.

He once joked with the old housekeeper of the mansion, "I might as well raise a small opera troupe to sing with drums and gongs by my side, then I could surely sleep until dawn."

The old housekeeper turned pale upon hearing this and said, "Strangers are not safe," then tied crisscrossed flower-protecting bells on the flower trees outside the window and raised various birds that would ring upon landing on the branches.

As a result, there was neither an opera troupe nor birds here. There was also a "prison head" who stood silently in the room, and yet he had fallen asleep.

"Xiao Fuxuan."

Wu Xingxue sat up, hearing the delicate sound of bells. He almost didn't know what time it was, thinking he had returned to Manque City.

But Manque City did not have the sound of chains.

Wu Xingxue looked down and found a very thin silver thread tied to his wrist, with a silver bell of unknown origin hanging from it.

On the other end of the thread was Xiao Fuxuan's finger.

Wasn't this the kind of flower-protecting bell from his mansion?

Was he being treated as a flower or a bird?

Wu Xingxue, holding the thread, looked up, about to ask the person who tied the bell, but saw the other person leaning against the wall with his head down, holding a sword, lifeless.

This was...

---

This was an out-of-body experience.

After nightfall, as soon as the person on the bed fell asleep, Xiao Fuxuan let his consciousness wander.

The night in Peach Blossom Island was deep, covered with a mist unique to the water.

The patrolling disciples of the Hua family walked around with lanterns.

"How many brothers are left beside the Jianhua Hall?"

"Two, any more and the family head would be unhappy."

"Hmm, what about Doctor Wusheng?"

"There are more there, twelve."

"The doctor won't leave seclusion until noon tomorrow. Have you informed the new junior brother? During this period, no matter what happens, the doctor will not leave seclusion, as it would ruin all his previous efforts. Tell them not to disturb him no matter what."

"I've informed them."

They spoke softly, their voices passing by Xiao Fuxuan's consciousness without anyone noticing.

Xiao Fuxuan passed through the crowd and walked towards a deep bamboo forest.

He was not unfamiliar with the entire Peach Blossom Island; he still remembered what was where.

Deep in the bamboo forest was the library, the one used by the family head, Hua Zhaoting. There were no guards in the library courtyard, but there were several cleaning disciples carrying lamps and buckets, busily working.

Xiao Fuxuan glanced around, did not stay long, and turned to walk in another direction.

When passing through a deserted corridor, a vague voice suddenly asked, "Are you looking for something?"