Chapter 21: First hug

When Mannat see Arjun is not saying anything , she said

“Dr uncle, tell uncle about my dis..disordel.”

Manik corrected her disorder pronunciation and said “ baby it's dis-or-der disorder. Okay.” Mannat nodded in understanding.

When Dr Arjun see Manik is waiting for answer,so he taking a deep breath and said
“Mannat have genetical blood disorder which passed in her from her parents. A rare blood disorder in which she have special protein coating in her blood cells which we normal people lack. So, she once in three months came here to give her blood samples to us and after this we make her blood in laboratory for emergency purpose, if she need in any case. Her blood will be available to us.”

Manik became shocked hearing this. And thought “ how much his girls are suffering. If dyslexia was not enough, now this. I'm damn sure this disease passed from that bastard or why will she need to come here to give blood. Because in an emergency Nandini will give her blood. That's why, Nandini makes sure that she prepares blood here instead of asking for that bastard's help. Oh god how much Nandini is suffering. Her broken marriage, cheating tag, single mother, society taunts and on top of that Mannat disorders. Oh god why is all suffering reserved only for her?

Manik's thoughts are broken by tapping on his cheeks. He sees  Mannat is looking towards him with a sad face as he is not giving her attention. 

“Uncle Don't cry, it didn't hurt much. I'm a strong girl na and mamma said strong babies Ko Dard nahi hota. Mujhe bhi dard nahi hota bas thoda sa hota hai. Ap ro NHI warna m bi roo dungi.”

Mannat said making him understand like a mother making her baby understand and wiping his tears which fall from Manik's eyes without his notice.
Manik is filled with so many emotions at one time. He is feeling happy knowing how well his girls handle themselves without any one support and at the same time, he is feeling sad that they have to face all this suffering alone. And feeling anger on Rohit for destroying his babies life. Don't know what Manik felt, he just hugged mannat tight and whispered sweet nothings in her ears. Trying to Console himself that she is safe and sound in his arms. He didn't know that he started crying thinking about their pain.

While Dr Arjun becomes shocked seeing tears in Manik's eyes after knowing Mannat disorder. He never thought this man could cry for anyone after knowing his true face.

Their attention is caught by the door opening. And nandini entered inside holding a Mannat bag with her handbags.

“Mannat maine mana Kiya tha na ki mere Bina mat ana upar, agar aapko kuch ho jata toh. And….. Mr Malhotra what happened to you? why are you crying?.”

Nandini said panickingly and rushed towards Manik to check him. Even Aman who comes with nandini rushes towards Manik.

“Mannat kya kar Rahi ho ? dekho uncle Ko lag Rahi hai hato uncle ke upar se.? 

Nandini said bring worried for Manik seeing Mannat lying on Manik hugging him. Nandini thought maybe he's crying because of the pain as Mannat lay on him.

Aman is noticing manik. He knows Manik never cried in front of anyone until he really had a strong reason but even then he never cried in front of anyone. So, what happened today?. Why is he crying?

 When Manik sees Nandini care. Unable to control himself , he hugged Nandini tight in a lying position only. With one hand he is hugging mannat tight and with the other hand he is hugging Nandini. Hiding his face in Nandini's stomach. Nandini froze in her place. Her breath hitch in her throat. Goosebumps erupt all over her body sensing him so close. She felt her body burning under his touch. No, she is not feeling uncomfortable. Rather feeling warm and protectiveness in his arms.