Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~Layla's POV~

I woke up to find Paul gone and I just laid there remembering what happened last night. I couldn't let any of the boys, Leah, or even Emily get hurt since Emily was just human. But also I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave Paul and the rest of the pack behind, they were my family now. 

I finally got out of bed and put on some clothes and headed to the kitchen where I saw Emily cooking. 

"Morning" I greeted her while helping her cook breakfast.

"Morning" she greeted back with a smile on her face. Once we finished cooking we took the plates to the dining table where the pack was. 

"Morning Layla" the boys greeted and smiled at me. I smiled back and greeted them back. We all began eating.

"I don't want you guys getting hurt." I broke the silence looking at all of them. Sam sighed and looked back at me while the boys looked down except for Paul, Emily, and Leah who were looking at me with worried eyes, especially Paul.

"You guys could get killed because of me" I continued while looking at Sam.

"Your part of this tribe Layla, and tribes protect themselves, I already told you that" Sam sighs again.

"I know but what happens if one of you guys get hurt, what if Emily get's hurt!" I responded my voice raising pointing at Emily who was looking down.

"Layla drop it" Sam commanded. I shook my head disappointed.

"I lost my appetite" I whisper, standing up and walking out the door. I hear footsteps following me but I just ignore them. 

"Layla stop" I hear Paul say behind me, but I just ignored him and kept walking. I suddenly felt his arm grab my elbow stopping me and turning me around to look at him.

"What Paul?" I ask tears forming in my eyes.

"Stop blaming yourself" he simply answers looking at me with begging and sad eyes.

"I CAN'T!" I finally snap looking at him.

"PAUL I CAN'T! I CAN'T BECAUSE I DON'T WANT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FAMILY TO HAPPEN TO YOU GUYS! I-I can't" I yell but whisper the last part tears running down my face uncontrollably. He looks at me with sad eyes and brushes my tears away kissing me with all the love that he had. I was surprised at first but kissed him back.

"You seem like you need to clear off your mind" he responded as he took my hand and dragged me into the woods.

"Where are we going?" I ask confused wiping my last over tears away.

"It's a surprise" he smirked looking at me and kept dragging me.

~~~

"Oh my god! I AM NOT DOING THAT!" I exclaimed looking back at Paul who was smirking at me.

"Oh yes you are" he simply said.

"I sorry but I DO NOT want to die like this!" I responded back looking down at the waves below.

"Oh come on Layla cliff diving is not that bad" Paul says as he comes up to me and looks down at the waves crashing against the rocks.

"Are you serious! What if I hit my head against one of those rocks, hu?" I asked.

"You won't because I am jumping with you" he answered while taking my hand and dragging me back. I looked at him and saw him looking at me with puppy eyes and pouts. Ugh! I hate when he does that!

"Ugh fine! But if I die, I WILL come back to haunt you!" I responded dead serious, but with a smile on my lips.

"Oh don't be dramatic" he says rolling his eyes. I laugh.

"On the count of three, okay?" he says. I nod nervously

"One"

"Two"

"THREE!" he yells running while dragging me behind him. Once we get to the edge we jump!

I feel the wind on my skin! It felt like hours but suddenly I feel the cold water slap my body. I'm underwater and see Paul looking at me and giving me a thumbs up. I smile and swim up. Once I'm up I gasp for air and look at Paul who was looking at me with a big smile on his face.

"You did it!" he exclaims.

"I know! Can we do it again!?" I say he just laughs and gives me a smirk.

"Another time we could do it again. But right now we have to head back to Sam's or he is going to rip our heads off!" he laughs dragging me out of the water.

"Oh shit I forgot we had patrol! Sam is going to kill us!" I say my eyes wide as well as Paul's. We run all the way to the woods and shift.

We began running towards Emily's and Sam's when we heard a howl in the distance. Me and Paul howl back.

'What's going on?' Me and Paul ask.

'We found a rogue' I hear Sam growl.

'He's defenseless and hurt so we are taking him to Emily's house' Leah says.

'Okay we'll meet you there' Paul answers. Me and Paul run all the way to Emily's and shift back. We change into our clothes and walk out of the woods and into Emily's house.

"Where are the rest of the boys?" Emily asks.

"There on their way, they found a rogue and there bringing him here" I answer.

"There here" I hear Paul say as he walk out the door me following behind him. But all of a sudden I smell a familiar scent.

I look towards the rogue and my eyes widen, tars forming in my eyes with my mouth open in shock. He looked back at me with wide eyes and tears forming in his eyes as well.

"Caden!?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OH MY GOD!!!! Sorry for the cliffhanger! But I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!! Pleas keep voting and pleas comment me ANY feedback PLEASE!!!!

xQuileuteTWx