Chapter Three

"Loki,Princess,Spartan here we are Spartan" I lead him into his big stall and clip the red cross ties to his halter,I grab the blue curry and curry in circular motion on his furry belly.I curry under his belly and he lifts his head and brings it up and down and I knew right then I found his favorite spot to be rubbed,I give him a carrot out of the treat bin and he lifts up his lip and smiles "You're such a funny boy Spartan!" I laugh. I knew right then I was going to love him, I grab the soft brush and brush off all the dirt and hair.I put the soft brush and curry away then grabbed the hair brush and hoof pick,I bushed his long beautiful mane and tail till it was soft and there where no knots. I pick up his left front leg and get all the dirt and manure out till I could finally see his frog then I scoop out the dirt around the frog. Then I brush the inside and outside,I grab his black and white saddle pad and set it on his back and make sure it's in the correct spot.I grab the black saddle and gently set it on his back the attach the black girth and swing it under to the other side and loop it around and tighten it. I grab the black and white western bridle with a snaffle bit and take off the halter and feed him the bit till it goes in,I put it over his ears and lead him out as I put my black helmet on. As I lead him to the lesson arena I run into Christina and her horse Midnight. "Oh wow who's that!?He looks newer" Christina asks. "This is Spartan I think he is around 5 years old maybe 16 hands a well." I say very happy and excited to ride him for the first time. Me and Christina put our boots in the stirrup and swing our selfs on,I lightly nudge Spartan and he walks very nice and swiftly. We walk around the arena till everyone was in, Christina trots around with Midnight till of course the last person to come is Kate and Prince. The instructor goes to the middle of the arena "Hello everyone I'm Ms.Pope most of you know me but some of you don't,I will tell you to do something and expect that you do as I ask.Lets begin I want all of you to walk in a circle four times two small and then two big." I walk then I grip my rein and pull to the left to make a sharp turn making a small circle I make my first circle then my next one then I loosen the reins a little bit to make a looser turn making a bigger circle. "Great job everyone okay now let's turn around and trot one big circle stay in your lane don't cut anyone off...begin!" I get Spartan into a nice smooth jogging trot and go in a big circle making sure no one cuts me off and I don't cut anyone off. I sit nice in the saddle siting straight up and move with Spartans trot. "Ashley and Kira in your lanes please..." The instructor says with an annoyed voice. "Okay now I want all of you to canter around the arena I want... Adaline to be the leader then Kate then Christina. The rest of you figure the rest out." I get in front of everyone and then get into a nice smooth rocking horse canter I move my body with the horses rhythm sitting straight with my heels down.I get a little nervous because how close Prince and Kate are from me and Spartan.Spartan canters a little faster feeling proud and keeps his rhythm going. "Wow beautiful! So that's the lesson for today but I am going to pick today's star everyone line up!!!" Me and Christina line up side by side together and we all know who's going to win Kate.."And the star rider for today is...Adaline and Spartan!! You both are perfect together! Perfect poster and rhythm! Keep up the good work!" Christina looks at me and gives me a high five "Show off" me and her laugh as we cool off our horses Kate walks up to me and Christina " Gosh I wonder why you won hahaha loser!! I think she feels bad for you..cause how horrible you both are." Kate says with a grin. "Or maybe it's cause I'm a way better rider then you" I laugh "As if!" Kate walks away with sass. " She's so nice!" I role my eyes laughing with Christina.I look to the side and see a boy my age with black hair and with dreamy brown eyes... "Who's that?" His named Derek Tate dreamy I know but it's..um Kate's boyfriend.. " it echoes through my head over and over. I get off Spartan and lead him to his stall,I pat him and take off his tack and put it away.I pat his sweaty neck and hug him tightly "Thanks Spartan your such an amazing horse.." I kiss his muzzle and give him a couple mints. I walk out of his stall and close it latching it behind me,Spartan neighs "Okay okay" I give him one more mint and head to the tack room to put his grooming supplies away. As I walk someone backs out of a stall before I could stop they fall on me. "Um.." Derek says."I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention!" He says looking so embarrassed. "It's okay I should've been paying more attention as well" I feel my face heat up I probably  look  like a cherry."Um..I'm Derek..you are?" He says calming down a little bit as he helps me grab all the grooming stuff. "Adaline.."Before I could grab anything else I look into his eyes and he looks into mine as I go to grab another Kate walks up "Um HELLO! Derek!Get up right now!" He looks up at her and says "No Kate your not the boss of me okay?! I'm tired of you pushing me around all the time" he says looking mad and irritated. "Get up...or...we are done!"  She says with a look on her face that looks sad and mad at the same time confusing me. He continues to pick up and she walks away with sass to Princes stall. "I'm sorry..it's all my fault I should've been paying attention!" I grab the bucket and walk to the tack room almost crying but I control it and set it down and breath in and out and sit down.I probably made a fool of myself in front of him.. I hear a knock on the tack room door it's Derek."It's not your fault" he sits down with me looking at me straight in the eyes and he smiles. "I'm so happy we aren't together..maybe there is someone else for me.." He leans in and then a bunch of girls walk in talking about Kate and how she is so mad and angry ready to kill someone. I get up and run "Adaline!" I hear Derek say as I run straight to my room.