Chapter 17

Early in the morning I always drop feed off for Buttercup and Lightning, they both of course pig out, once they finish I let them settle before saddling them up for exercising. I picked Buttercup to exercise first. Within an hour I had her saddled and we did a 5 minute walk 10 minute trot and a 15 minute of cantering on the left and right side. She got a nice hose off and was turned out. She bolted away running to her hay. I got Lightning and brushed him really well and put his Western Saddle on, I called Liam to meet me at the trail so we can have some fun together, we haven't seen each other much since the move. I hopped on Lightning and rode over to the trail at the end of the road. I saw Liam and his new horse power a QH that's about 16hh. "You're late." He says being funny. "Sorry Buttercup was looking pretty I had to get some picture before I left!" We both giggle. We talked for a long time, like what was happening in life and how it's going. I missed him, he was always making my day better. We rode for an hour and stoped by a tree for some lunch. "Liam, have you been avoiding me?" I ask. "It's not that,just I've been thinking a lot.. and it's been stressing me out" he says trying not to make eye contact. "What's been bothering you? You can tell me anything.."
"Well, it is about you I obviously can't talk to you about that..i know we haven't dated..but I really want too..I wasn't sure if you even felt the same. I guess what I'm asking.. do you want to be my girlfriend?" He says finally looking into my eyes. "Of course I do..I've liked you since we met, and you helped me with Derek.. you could've told me something was bothering you." I say. We rode back to my house and said our goodbyes, I was dating Liam..I made the biggest smile on my face. Lightning was untacked and hosed off then turned lose with Buttercup. Me and Liam were texting non stop just to be able to talk to each other I had a blast riding today. I hope it becomes a thing we do together  again.
********************************************

Thanks for reading Chapter 17!! I thought I'd give information on Buttercup and Lightning!
So we will start with Lightning:
1. Lightning is a retired mounted shooting horse.
2. He's done it all..Dressage, jumping, barrel racing ETC!
3. He's 15.3hh
4. He is a registered APHA and for those who have no clue what that means if means America Paint Horse Association.
5. I got him a couple months ago, and he has retired to trail riding, and soon I'll be training for barrels.
6. Lightnings name is Jet Black Lark.

Buttercup:
1. I don't have much background on Buttercup, she was a slaughter horse and then was abused. I rescued her February 2016.
2. She is extremely spooky, she is terrified of riding and spooked at saddling,mounting,dismounting and most definitely taking off the saddle.
3. In the beginning she was great, was green but didn't spook as bad till around June. we were working on jumping because at the time that is what I wanted to do. But she had a bad fall because of the saddle and was never the same after that..😩
4. She is 15hh!
5. She is a QH and isn't registered
6. She is so loving and caring she use to run to me..eventually she ran away from me because she knew work 🙄 I spent hours trying to catch her.
7. She did go to a trainer and he said there is really nothing he can do. That she was ruined. (Poor babes)
8. With a heavy heart I spent a whole month thinking of what to do..I work at Tractor Supply Co but my pay is only enough for one horse..I talked to someone that lives just down the street, and she let me keep her there while I find her an owner. Of course she fell in love with her and bought her. Buttercup is happy and healthy..it was hard but it was best for both of us..

If you have any question feel free to message me!