Chapter Seven

I sit by Spartan and rub his neck with a damp cloth to reduce his sweating so the vet can check him. "Ah ha" the vet says being calm. "Poison..it's a rare one..it can only be bought, it's called Yew it's very very poisonous..it's a good thing that it's 2015 and now we have a cure that sometimes works" the vet says grabbing a very green shot and she puts it right under his stomach slowly putting it in his body. He looks at me with fear I hug his neck and hope he will be fine. "So I have these pills you need to give him every 19 hours for a half a week.You have to smash 4 of them up the put it in a couple treats he won't taste it at all" she hands me the pill bottle then walks away.I look at Liam and he understood that we had to put what ever was going on off until Spartan is okay. Liam walks away with his head down, I put all my focus on Spartan. I got up and went to the sink next to Spartans stall and put the cloth under the water then squeeze out a little of the water. I go back to Spartans stall and rub his neck and body with the warm cloth,he temperature was getting better and I hoped this meant it was working.I lay on his neck and start to close my eyes and fall asleep.
I wake up still on Spartans neck but with a blanket on me, and it was bright outside meaning it's morning. "Morning buddy" I tell Spartan as he groans not wanting to wake up yet. Liam walks around the corner with McDonald's breakfast holding it out like dork showing it off. "Food!" I giggle, as Liam walks towards me with the bag. He sits down and leans agents to stall wall and hands me the bag. I dig in the bag and there is my food! I grab my sandwich and hash brown and chow down. There was a bag of apples in the bag so I gave them to Spartan. "So how is he doing?" Liam says with his cute messy hair and dreamy eyes. "Fine it was stressful,I didn't know if I should stay up and make sure he was okay or pass out.I planed on staying up.." I laugh. Liam smiles and throws my trash away but coming right back to me and sitting down in the same spot. I smiled knowing he didn't want anything more then friends and that made me happy but I couldn't help but think would there ever be an us? Does he feel that way about me? I got my mind off of that subject after he asked if I was okay.. "I just got really worried,but I'm fine..Thank you for being here for me Liam.." I say looking at him while petting Spartan. "Well who wouldn't be a little worried getting a text message about your horse, and it's really no problem I am here for you.." He says with a smile on his face. Spartan try's to get up so I back away to let him, He slowly makes his way up then he stands up straight then shakes getting all the shavings off. "Good boy Spartan!!" I say with a big smile on my face while patting his neck. I hug his warm neck as he looks so much better he looks strong and powerful. "Wow Spartan has a lot of fight in him!" Liam says not looking so worried anymore. I grab my phone out of my pocket and call the vet to come take a look at Spartan. While we waited for the vet to come,I stood outside the stall with Liam and we talked about our hopes and dreams and our downs from the passed. "Well I hope to marry my girlfriend one day..her name is Jessica Luna,I know it's soon to say but I feel like I love her.But how do you know you love someone?" He says looking down kicking the dirt off his shoe. My face turns red GIRLFRIEND WHAT?! "Well..love is when you can't be without that person and you never want to see them hurting,and you'll always be there for her or him..and she or he will be there for you" I say looking down as well trying to avoid him seeing my red face. "Thanks Adaline..I'm glad we are friends,you always know what to say" he smiles looking at me. Finally the vet comes around the corner,I tell her what happened and she smiled in delight. "That was a quick healing process." The vet said while making sure everything was back to normal. "I say you lunge him first before you ride him again" she says smiling at me. "Really Spartans okay?!" I say jumping into Liam's arms as the vet walked away I slowly start to release the hug.There we where face to face he starts to lean in but a pretty,skinny girl walks saying "Hey Liam!" She says smiling. He lets go of me and turns around "Hey Jessica?! How did you know where I was.." Liam says confused. "Oh when you weren't looking I download a app you know" she giggles. "That's not creepy at all.." I say out loud. Liam giggles a little looking at me with a smile on his face,but then Jessica opened her mouth "Shut up.." She says with a mean look. "Jessica! She is being honest unlike you" Liam says with anger in his eyes. "No it's fine, Listen Jessica  i don't know who the heck you think you are but you better leave before I do something about it." I say looking at her with sass and anger. "What ever.." She says walking away embarrassed. "I've never seen her like that before..but it's understandable.." He says looking at me with a smile. "Huh?" I say confused. "She is jealous cause your pretty and.." I cut him off before he could say anything else. "You..you think I'm pretty?" I say turning red all over again but with a smile. "Well..yeah.." He says looking away with embarrassment. I smile knowing that maybe he does feel that way..? "So um there is this dance at my school..homecoming summer break,I was wondering if you would like to go..with..with me?" He says looking at me worried. "Yeah! Sounds fun!" I say with a big smile on my face. "Okay I'll send you the details." He says with a sigh of relief. I give him one more hug before he walks away. As soon as he left I got a text: "it's this week on Monday I'll pick you up be ready at 5."

Shoot! It's Saturday meaning I only have a day to find a dress! I run to the bus area to get to a dress store,I remembered that mom sent me money. The bus finally came and it took me into town. As we drove I saw a fancy dress store so I got off to check the place out. I went inside and saw a beautiful dress I just had to try it on it was a staples pink dress,I slipped it on and if fit like it was meant to be! I looked at the price it was only $70 I was getting it.. I took it off and went to buy it. "Good pick,no one has come into this store and ran to that dress I hope your date loves it!" She says while I walk away to head home. He's not my date,he..is my friend...