E I G H T ~ The Departure

☙☽◯☾❧  

For two days Valor hadn't heard from Killian nor the Elders. Which was half good and half bad. Good because the secret of his nephew's identity was still sealed from the councilmen, but the bad was more the outcome of whatever Killian's lies would spread about Valor and his family. Mainly Sebastian.

Ursula smiled kindly, wrapping her arms around Valor's neck from behind him as the Alpha sat at his desk. The blonde man sighed, resting one hand on her wrist and shut his eyes from her touch. She didn't stop leaning on him as she stretched her arms out in front of them both to take the pen from his desk and scribbled on a piece of paper, He's going to be alright.

Valor glanced down at what she wrote, pursing his mouth to the side as he mumbled that it wasn't as easy to believe as to hear it.

"Or read it, in this case," he looked at her. "Not when the Elders could have Sebastian killed because the old crones are afraid of him."

Again, Ursula lifted the pen and wrote on the paper.

But how do you KNOW they are afraid of him? How do you know that they would have killed him all those years ago? What if they just wanted to know of him, to become bewildered as the rest of us have when seeing Sebastian?

Valor grinned, turning his head to the side towards her. His mate wasn't very vocal with everyone---rarely with him---but when it came to writing things down she seemed to have a lot to say. She whispered once when the Alpha asked her when she would be comfortable enough in her new home to speak to the family, that with the amount of time she spends with the ever-so-talkative Sebastian, it was only a matter of time that Ursula would become a chatterbox herself.

And the Alpha was eager for that moment. But until then, he was patient with his selectively mute mate.

Now that she was able to roam the house with her heat sated and passed, Ursula took her leisure to spend her hours with either her mate in his office, or helping Octavia and Kosias with their son. The boy was always looking for his uncle, but would settle for his soon-to-be aunt whenever Valor was working on paperwork.

The idea of marriage had come up the last day of Ursula's heat. She had just been sated for the fourth time that day, in Valor's office, when she brushed his sweaty hair from where it was matted on his forehead.

She smiled up at him, tracing his jawline then twisted to the side to scribble down on a piece of paper that Valor hadn't knocked to the floor in the process of getting tangled with his mate.

Are you going to marry me anytime soon?

Valor's hazel eyes widened, his mouth dropping open at the question.

He watched the way Ursula's smile widened, nodding as she urged, scribbling down, 'Why yes, Ursula my love, I would LOVE to marry you. Because without you, I would have no one to love such a grumpy old Alpha, nor would I have the ability to reproduce a son or daughter to take over the community.'

Valor blinked at the words she wrote down rather quickly before looking at him with doe eyes, then threw his head back to laugh at his mate's silliness. He bent to kiss her nose, nodding with a sigh that he would marry her; repeating word-for-word what she had written. He certainly wasn't going to put up a fight.

If he could claim Ursula as forever his in marriage then why the hell not?

It was also the only way that he'd be allowed to mark her as his, and she the same. They were to set an example for the community by any means.

Valor tensed when he heard the doorbell. He glanced at his mate who frowned at the door. She lifted her chin to sniff the air and her green eyes widened, turning to the Alpha with a hard swallow and tapped her finger to her nose with a shake of her head to indicate that it was an unfamiliar scent; one she never smelt before. So when Valor sniffed the air, too, he jumped to his feet and dashed down the stairs with Ursula right behind him.