S I X T Y ~ The Battle PART II

☙☽◯☾❧

The Elders were cornered. They knew that. The way the subordinates eagerly waited for the command of their King confirmed where the Elders now stood within their kind. 

The loyalty to a Werewolf who broke their way of life and mated with a human held stronger than the Elders feared. Their way of life had been simple, in control, and now... now it was ruined because the Moon Goddess damned them all with her Twilight Savior.

Elder Phillips snarled in Sebastian's direction. This time Sebastian was making his way down the porch as a brunette female took his place on the porch. The Elder frowned at the mutilated features of the young woman, but she used her scarred face to her advantage and snarled back at him. 

Turning his gaze away from the she-wolf to Sebastian, Elder Phillips swallowed at the broad-shouldered approaching. His predatory steps now making the Elder anxious. 

Sebastian stood practically nose-to-nose with Elder Phillips; the heated gold hue of his eyes taking in the frown on the old man. 

"You have no power here," Sebastian's voice was gruff, teeth clenched together. "You won't have power anywhere after this moment." 

He flicked his gaze to the other three Elders then switched back to the one in front of him. 

"You're going to die today, Elder Phillips." 

The Elder's eyes widened, scowling now at the threat as he backed up a step. Sebastian's brow rose, lowering his chin. He shook his head that kind soul or not, Sebastian was not going to allow his mate to be taken from him. There was no way the Elders or their loyal guards would be able to stop Sebastian from executing each and every one of them.

Sebastian growled as he leaned closer. "Killian Norton had to learn that the hard way."

The severity of the situation now for the Elders was being outnumbered. They had no way of having anyone stand at their side and protect them other than their guards. But the Elders wouldn't put it past them to feel cowardly and kneel at the feet of the Twilight Savior.

The Twilight Savior, their King, was now in charge. Whatever the Elders say would be ignored and they had no way out of it.

Sebastian made it clear that if it was a fight the Elders wanted, they would get it. But the Elders should realize---with them being outnumbered---nothing will ever be the same after today. The world was changing and so would they---all Werewolves would have to adapt to the changes headed their way.

"You speak of chaos!" Elder Phillips spat. "Adapting to change?! Are you mad?!" 

"Yes," Sebastian growled, his eyes glowing. "I'm pissed."

Elder Phillips swallowed, frowning at the Twilight Savior. Although he had not meant it in that way, the Elder was not going to correct the angry Werewolf. The Elder was sure Sebastian knew what he meant in the first place, but Elder Phillips was in no position to argue.

"You will kill us all," Elder Phillips grumbled, wanting to at least say something

Sebastian smirked, unbothered by the man's futile attempt to knock Sebastian down. It wasn't going to work. His mate and son were at stake and Sebastian wasn't going to let this man's words rile him up if unnecessary. Instead, Sebastian replied that the Elders lived long enough. It only made their eyes widen at the insult.