Chapter nine - Sebastian Wilkes

I walked out of the coffee bean with a smile plastered on my face. The interview had gone better than expected, the people were friendly and the fact that the interview was taken place in the cafe and not in some fancy business room just helped to settle my nerves. I didn't know what I was expecting, it was only the coffee bean after all.

Buttoning up coat, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, indicating I had a text. I grabbed my phone and unlocked the screen, seeing who it was from.

'Me & Sherlock are going to shad sandersons bank. Come meet us after ur interview if u dont have a spare key. Hope everything is going well! :)' John texted me. He had only just sent the message, and they're most likely going to be taking a taxi there which is probably going to take fifteen minutes, plus the traffic which will make is about twenty to twenty-five minutes. I was already pretty close, it should only take me ten minutes to walk there. I should be able to meet them on time.

I got there later than I expected. I entered the building through a revolving glass door and looked around, seeing no sign of Sherlock. I glanced around again, making sure he wasn't hiding in the crowd. It shouldn't be too hard to find him -- he was over six feet tall and wears a thick trench coat for Heavens sake.

They probably hadn't even arrived yet, so instead I gave up looking and made my way outside once more, reaching for my phone to text John. I nearly dropped my mobile when my body collided with another, but someone with incredible good reflexes caught it just in time before it shattered on the ground. "You want to be careful with this kind of stuff. They're expensive these days."

Looking up, I saw Sherlock and John stood besides him. Huh, what are the chances. "Hi."

"Hi." He repeated, giving me a smile.

"How did your interview go?" John spoke up, to which I just looked at him a shrugged.

"They said they'd let me know at the end of the week."

"Well, I'm sure you got the job." John assured me with a sweet smile, to which I returned. Sherlock decided to continue walking ahead, to which me and John exchanged looks before following after. I looked around the building once more, this time admiring the impressive foyer. We follow Sherlock to the escalators, curious to what we were doing here if we were not drawing money out.

Once she reached the top of the escalator, we follow Sherlock who walks over to the reception desk and addresses one of the receptionists. A little while later, all three of us have been guided towards man's office, someone named Sebastian Wilkes. We're left alone as we wait for Sebastian to show up. Non of us sit, we all decide to stand as we wait. But I had my hands behind my back as I took in my surroundings. "So why are we here?"

"A case." Sherlock answered.

"Not from the police, I assume." I said as I observed the objects on a near by shelf. A photograph of a man with a few other people at a restaurant, they all seemed the same age and were dressed very formally. This Sebastian didn't have any family; no wife or husband, or children. If he did then he would have had a photo of them framed instead. This man is purely business.

"No, not from the police." Sherlock replied, looking around the office too. Suddenly a man in a suit walks into the room and sends a grin Sherlock's way. "Sherlock Holmes!"

"Sebastian." Sherlock mumbled in reply. Sebastian stepped closer and clasped Sherlock's hand in both of his own as he shook it, the cocky smile still evident on his face. He looked amused and cheery, whereas Sherlock tensed. He seemed almost nervous.

"Howdy, buddy. How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you?"

Sherlock looked back at the male with and expression, one I can only describe as marginal dislike. "These are my friends. John Watson and Eleanor Parker."