Chapter twelve - toilet talks

It was half past five in the evening. I was sitting at the dining table with my parents and my brother, Elijah. He was simultaneously reading a comic book whilst twisting his fork in his spaghetti. He was always such a nerd, but that didn't stop him from being popular. Well, I say popular -- he was the type to be friends with everyone, even the popular kids. But he still didn't hang around with them, he stuck to his own friends who were also social with all the cliques.

He was taller than me, pale with the same coloured hair and hazel eyes. But like all brothers, he was annoying.

As soon as the doorbell rang I pushed my almost clean plate aside. "I'll get it!"

"Are you expecting anyone?" My mother asked, narrowing her eyes.

"It's probably her boyfriend again."

"Shut up, Jay." I muttered, glaring at him before I left the room. I rushed towards the dark wooden door and unlocked it, pulling the door open. I smiled when I saw the familiar set of brown, curly locks and his beautiful coloured eyes staring back. Sherlock had a condition called sectoral heterochromia, which is responsible for how his eyes seem to change from green to blue, depending on the light. I loved his eyes, I could get lost in them for hours.

"Hello." He greeted, a polite smile tugging at his lips.

"Hey." I smiled back, opening the door wider for him to enter. He did so, and I shut the door behind him.

"Hey Sherlock." I low voice came from behind. I turned around and saw my brother Elijah leaning against the frame of the living room door.

"Elijah." He greeted back, with a small nod of his head.

"Please, just Jay." He said, obviously feeling more comfortable by being called that. He folded his arms. "I guess I'll leave you to your revision, or whatever code name you're using."

"We're actually doing some math revision," I told him, plastering a look of annoyance. "We're not having kinky sex. Grow up, loser."

Sherlock winded his eyes at my sarcastic comeback, and Elijah just laughed. "Chill out, I'm only joking. But on a series note, you two actually meet up just to do revision? And you call me the loser."

"Well, maybe we'll talk about other things and watch a movie or something. It's non of your business."

"Whatever. Just make sure to leave your door open otherwise mum and dad will get the wrong impression."

"Well thank you for the concern." I mutter.

With a roll of my eyes, I grabbed Sherlock's arm and began to tug him up the stairs. I wasn't in the mood to be dealing with my brother today. When I finally reached my room, I pulled Sherlock inside and shut my door behind him to piss off my family, but also to prove we didn't need to leave it open in the first place. We wasn't doing anything wrong.

"Sorry about him." I apologised for my brothers irritating behaviour, sitting down on the bed. Sherlock placed his backpack on the floor and sat down too.

"I think all siblings are intolerable." He replied, giving me a small smile as if he was trying to make me feel better. I shifted my gaze to his bag, wanting to talk about something different.

"Did you bring the revision books?"

He nodded yes, reaching his hand over to pick up his bag, "And also that book you wanted to read."

"The Agatha Christie one?" My eyes widened for a short moment from the anticipation as he unzipped his bag.

"Yes. Mycroft had it stashed away on a shelf in his bedroom. He'll probably notice it missing, but I doubt he'd be that concerned. He's only read it half a dozen times." He mused, pulling out the large novel with the title 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie. I couldn't help but to let out an excited squeal.